10 users online
14 minutes ago
17 minutes ago
19 minutes ago
21 minutes ago
23 minutes ago
25 minutes ago
28 minutes ago
I never knew people referred to it as the pound key, thought it was an age gap thing for a moment there.
Nope nope nope.
A seriously misplaced sense of "centre-of-the-fucking-world"...ism is quite aggravating for the rest (read the real majority) of the world.
You're seriously lovely people on a seriously beautiful continent. But you really are just one of many peoples on one of many continents.
Get some humility.
I know of the systems to which you refer, and we simply say things like "when you've finished, press the Hash key". I've heard US systems say Pound too. Which usually makes me smile.
I hadn't appreciated it wasn't new. Whilst that does make a difference, it's still a great price.
Unfortunately for the seller, the mining market has both bumped new prices and killed 2nd hand, as everyone assumes it's been killed. His loss, your gain.
Great job. I can heartily recommend FC5 for the most breathtaking beauty of the Montana wilds, on the 1080. I would be interested in hearing your framerate tests on the last Tomb Raider. I stuck everything on max and was surprised how low it was. But that was 3440x1440 to be fair.
Curious ... what do voicemail menu systems say in the UK? Here in the good old U.S., we hear something along the lines of "please enter the password number followed by the pound sign".
btw .. it's ok to not step on that soapbox now and then, and just enjoy teh funeez as intended.
Incredibles 2 10/10
The original was one of my favorite movies and the sequel might be better. The characters are great, there's something everyone can relate to, the progression of the story is outstanding, I laughed, like gut rolling laughter, I was on the edge of my seat and the audience cheered. My kids loved it, my wife loved it and I loved it. They did an outstanding job.
17 hours ago, Pasanda said:
What do you think should happen?
If it were up to me, I would do the following:
1. Legalize marijuana - the drug problem, immigration policy and the border issue are closely intertwined. Legalizing it would take that market and bring it out in the open, create legitimate business opportunities in Mexico and be a direct hit against the cartels.
2. Close the border - the flow of people, money, weapons and drugs has to stop. An open border has spawned numerous underground industries that are dangerous and bring untold misery to countless people on both sides. I don't think you need a wall, maybe in some spots, but I'd be open to building military installations. Immediately detain anyone that crosses and deport them. I'd set up family detention centers as well as ones for minors. I'd also expedite the deportation process.
3. Amnesty - grant citizenship to those that have been here and demonstrated they are productive members of society. Maybe 5 years, with a job and a clean rap sheet ... something like that. This would create peace of mind for those that are here. This cannot happen without #2, otherwise this issue will come up again and you really dont solve anything.
4. Visa reform - reexamine this aspect because its not working. H1-B's are having unintended consequences. There is also a group of people that just want to come here and work. We should accommodate those folks especially for jobs that Americans don't want. I'm talking about landscapers, produce pickers, cleaning services ... stuff like that. Let them come here, work and send the money home.
5. Eliminate Cartel leadership - When the border closes, I would work closely with Mexican authorities to eliminate the cartel leadership. The double whammy of a closed border with a loss of leadership in the drug trade might be what Mexico needs to finally become a peaceful country. The people of Mexico deserve peace and this drug violence has to stop. I would be open to US military involvement.
6. Immigration policy reform - clearly what exists is not working. I would be open to giving the president the authority to classify war zones and accepting refugees from those countries. I'd give priority access to our neighbors, both in Mexico and Central and South America. We are the most wealthy, welcoming, diverse and generous nation in the world and our immigration policy should reflect that.
I would also see what could be done to curb the drug trade in the US. We need to somehow decrease the demand for illegal drugs.
There's your Dunnar 1.0 plan. Something for the left, something for the right, but a well thought out, logical approach to a complex issue. At least in my mind
A Lithuanian seller (99.6% positive feedback) on Ebay. The card was originally purchased in Poland 6 months ago. I suppose it could have been a mining card, as the same guy offered a bunch of them. But perhaps not either, as 1080's aren't the number 1 choice for miners. Those that are are usually underclocked, which would be good news for me.
This card is sold here new for €650, and second hand for around €550. So even though this one might have a bit of mileage, it looks very nice and new still. And it's a young card. Was worth the gamble for me.Edited by Wolphard
The more I read around the better your deal seems to be. Cards here are still retailing not much sub £500.
What was the deal? Why is it it so cheap? Who is the seller?
Don't worry, I lay the groundwork. I start complaining about my pc not being able to play games at the best resolution about 2 years after building it. So I've been muttering about it for over a year now. On top of that I started mentioning GTX1080 prices for about as long now. So the mrs. was fed up with the complaints to begin with, and then when I secured a 1080 for a bit over half the price she thought it'd be; I was home free. "This is múch better than building an entire new pc. That'll cost over a thousand!"
Your EVGA has an OC right? This one is not overclocked. The Gainward is, which was my first choice. But I was unable to find one under €550. And I didn't want to pay a 1050GTX for 150MHz. The cooler is great and incredibly silent. It's sold as a 2 slot card, but it's easily 2.5. Which in practice means it is 3, it is massive.
My monitor is an Acer XB270HU 2560x1440/IPS/G-SYNC. It's great.
- Affinity for MTG
- King of Jank
- Temporal Magic
- And The Geek Shall
- Johnny Slivers
- MTG Strategist
- mykhal griffonhawk
- WAS 3 MTG
- DangerUs Investments
- Breakfast with Nerds
- Terry Hall
- Jonathan White
- VCR Gaming Podcast
- Imely Must
- Mox Zirconia
- MTG Unpacked
- MTG Master Wizard
- Transcendent MTG
- Mana Dork
- Edwin the Magic Engineer
- Diana Welch