Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Cube Storage Options

10 posts in this topic

There are sites that make custom metal or wood cases with custom fitted inserts to hold cards in place and even divide them by rarity if you're trying to keep a "pack drafting" feel, and keep lands and tokens separate from draft cards and even supplies (extra playmats, pens, paper, dice, etc.)   Depending on the size and materials, these run $60-150+ (plus shipping/handling/tax.)  Other cubes fit in single or double row card boxes, holiday boxes, instrument cases, or shoe boxes.

Lasraik likes this

23 hours ago, Molimo said:

There are sites that make custom metal or wood cases with custom fitted inserts to hold cards in place and even divide them by rarity if you're trying to keep a "pack drafting" feel, and keep lands and tokens separate from draft cards and even supplies (extra playmats, pens, paper, dice, etc.)   Depending on the size and materials, these run $60-150+ (plus shipping/handling/tax.)  Other cubes fit in single or double row card boxes, holiday boxes, instrument cases, or shoe boxes.

Yeah I've seen those around.  Any experience with them?

22 hours ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

My 720 cube fits into a Kaldesh Holiday Gift Box (best constructed so far) plus the dividers are great for basic lands. I may get a fancy custom one at some point but don't need to yet.

That's a pretty good idea, solid box.

22 hours ago, AlbyMTG said:

I store mine in 2 deckbuilder's toolkit boxes (M10 and M15) because I'm cheap :)

I'll probably do the same, maybe eventually get a custom box.

15 hours ago, Molimo said:

The custom boxes are nice; solid, durable, and aesthetically pleasing to boot.  I'm going to order a custom one large enough for my 720 cube, the 350 lands, flip cards, tokens, emblems, dice and maybe some playmats and supplies.

Where are you ordering yours from?  A custom built?

On 2/4/2017 at 5:29 PM, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

My 720 cube fits into a Kaldesh Holiday Gift Box (best constructed so far) plus the dividers are great for basic lands. I may get a fancy custom one at some point but don't need to yet.

I used the Kaladesh Gift box as well. Shame they don't make them anymore :(