Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Plans for the weekend (better late than never) 2/4/17

21 posts in this topic

What are your plans for this weekend?  Any special plans for Super Bowl Sunday?

 

Share pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the cards to finish me and my partners game day decks, so testing them out today. Making a few changes to the cube. Having a chat with zuby later and watching the last six nations game. Maybe play some league of legends later and film a couple of videos for the upcoming weeks. Pretty relaxed day for me really.

wont be staying up for the Super Bowl as I'll see it all day at work tomorrow no doubt. Working at a sports news tv channel here in the uk has its advantages!

Lasraik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

Got the cards to finish me and my partners game day decks, so testing them out today. Making a few changes to the cube. Having a chat with zuby later and watching the last six nations game. Maybe play some league of legends later and film a couple of videos for the upcoming weeks. Pretty relaxed day for me really.

wont be staying up for the Super Bowl as I'll see it all day at work tomorrow no doubt. Working at a sports news tv channel here in the uk has its advantages!

Nice!  Looking forward to hearing that

6 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Threw my back out, so any plans I had are out the window.

 

Oh man what happened?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Oh man what happened?

I was working out and was putting the weights down. Need to be more careful, 2nd time I've done this.

I herniated multiple discs about 18 months ago and my back has never been the same. Royally sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished wiring up the alarm system and the internal lights in the cabin. Pretty pleased with the fact that everything worked.

Got one of those overhanging pool table lights from ikea, which you can just make out the other side of the cabin doors, and you can see the squat rack and weights to the right hand windows. It's all linked via an extension cable from the garage at the mo. Next week i'm starting on the armour cable run from the garage and running out the Ethernet alongside. It means digging a trench in the dirt, which i'm not looking forward to. My trade-mark Sid James laugh at the end.

Mum and son both unwell.

 

 

Edited by Pasanda
Lasraik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dunnar said:

I was working out and was putting the weights down. Need to be more careful, 2nd time I've done this.

I herniated multiple discs about 18 months ago and my back has never been the same. Royally sucks.

Something that has always bothered me. I work on a corridor with about 60 other staff. About half of who are physically fit and work out regularly. I would estimate that any recognisable injury on this corridor is almost exclusively achieved by those fit people. Seriously, sickness absence and injuries is around 80-90% the domain of the fit and "healthy".

Us fat bastards just roll along. We might hit the grave 10 years earlier, but there will be no injuries present at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

Something that has always bothered me. I work on a corridor with about 60 other staff. About half of who are physically fit and work out regularly. I would estimate that any recognisable injury on this corridor is almost exclusively achieved by those fit people. Seriously, sickness absence and injuries is around 80-90% the domain of the fit and "healthy".

Us fat bastards just roll along. We might hit the grave 10 years earlier, but there will be no injuries present at that time.

I'm in that sweet spot ... I work out enough to injure myself, but not enough to get the long term benefits.

Shed looks great.  Always nice when the hookups work like they are supposed to.  There's always that little bit of apprehension and stress before the first try.

Edited by Dunnar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dunnar said:

I'm in that sweet spot ... I work out enough to injure myself, but not enough to get the long term benefits.

Shed looks great.  Always nice when the hookups work like they are supposed to.  There's always that little bit of apprehension and stress before the first try.

Oh man. Cause it's all linked via Alexa or the Mi|Home app, I stand well clear and press "on" on my phone, cringe, and shout yay when I realise i'm still alive and the shed isn't on fire.

 

 

Screenshot_2017-02-06-14-51-32.png

Lasraik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pasanda said:

Finished wiring up the alarm system and the internal lights in the cabin. Pretty pleased with the fact that everything worked.

Got one of those overhanging pool table lights from ikea, which you can just make out the other side of the cabin doors, and you can see the squat rack and weights to the right hand windows. It's all linked via an extension cable from the garage at the mo. Next week i'm starting on the armour cable run from the garage and running out the Ethernet alongside. It means digging a trench in the dirt, which i'm not looking forward to. My trade-mark Sid James laugh at the end.

Mum and son both unwell.

 

 

Looking good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wolphard said:

How big are those weights? :o Also, how often do you train, and which excercises?

Kind of stupid on my part.  It was my last set and I had just exerted myself doing shoulder presses.  Instead of getting up off the bench to properly place the bar down, I leaned over while sitting ... and pop.

I have been doing an all around workout with free weights 2-3 times a week.  Bench, squat, stuff like that.  I don't have a specific routine, more of a guide to work every body part, but as long as I get my ass in there and come out tired (and injury free), I'm happy.

For cardio ... I am sick of jogging, I got bored with my stationary bike, so I am trying something completely different ... swimming 3x a week.  This is something completely different for me.  First off, I am not a very good swimmer.  I'm okay at it, but compared to the people swimming, I'm bad.  So I am teaching myself how to properly freestyle swim.  Breath out the nose, breath in the mouth technique, that sort of thing.  Before this, I have never swam for any measurable distance in my life.  I have been doing this for a month and I am very pleased with my progress.  I am up to 900m in a half hour and can occasionally swim the length of the pool while breathing.  I need to arrange for more time because I can actually swim longer, but my schedule isn't allowing me to.  That will change soon as basketball season is almost over.

After taking a few months off, I am up about 8 pounds from where I would like to be.  Time to get to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

How's the back feeling now?  Getting better?

Its okay.  In terms of how bad i hurt it, this is a 3.  Getting better and only slightly limiting.  Its just a pain in the ass.  My advice ... don't ever hurt your back.

Thanks for asking :)

Lasraik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

We are flying to Hawaii today for a vacation. Great timing, too, given how much snow we've had here. 

Have a fun trip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I was doing is technically called military press.  I have 60lbs on the bar.  Not sure how heavy the bar is, probably 15-20 lbs.  When I use dumbbells, I use 35s or 40s.  I've battled rotator cuff problems since high school so I tend to be careful.  I do 12-15 reps.

This is great exercise if you are looking to strengthen shoulders.  Use really light weight to start out.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my routine ... for now.  I am subbing #11 with 25 pushups (contest with kids, long story).  I do this 2-3x, each set is between 10-15 reps, unless stated.

1 Bench Press  
2 Squat  
3 Pullups 16x
4 Shoulder Press 35 lbs
5 Curls 30 lbs
6 Tricep extension 50 lbs
7 Lawn Mower 50 lbs
8 Crunches 30x
9 Stomach Bicycle 30x
10 Lateral+Front Raises 15 lbs
11 Dumbell Bench Press 40 lbs
12 Lunges 40 lbs
13 Upright row  
14 Pelvic Tilt Into Bridge 25 lb plate
15 Seated calf raises  

Exercise database.  Knock yourself out :)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0