Followers 0
Lasraik

Weekly Top 5: Cube worthy cards from Aether Revolt 2/6/17

7 posts in this topic

This weeks top 5:  Cube worthy cards from Aether Revolt

My 5:

5.) Yahenni's Expertise - sweeper

ye_zpsdfxueaiq.png

4.) Disallow - because playing Blue counter magic is fun... right?  

d_zpsxty2nhcb.png

3.) Walking Ballista - flexible artifact creature

wb_zpspl5mbfmn.png

2.) Fatal Push - 1 cc removal

fp_zpsqfjt9mot.png

1.) Baral, Chief of Compliance - good vs. aggro and while it's ability is specific I think it opens up other options in the cube

bcoc_zpss3pkifcd (1).png

Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 likes this

Loving the list, but I'd certainly put a few cards in different places.

#1 - Kari Zev and her awesomely Legendary Monkey is by far the best card in the set for cube! She is just such a great card in an aggro type deck and up there in the Top Four 2cc Red creatures of all time for cube! 1/3 first strike and menace is huge and the monkey each time she attacks just makes her amazing. Plus she's the perfect body to put equipment on. If you're feeling really greedy you can instant speed sacrifice the monkey after combat damage is done before your end step every single turn!

#2 - Walking Ballista - Such a powerful and versatile card. This has gone up in my estimations a lot, I thought it could be great, but not expecting it to be this good!

#3 - Fatal Push - Just so so good! (Did I mention that it was good?)

#4 - Aether Chaser - Another cracking 2 drop for Red 2/1 with First Strike really helps deal with a lot of chump blockers of a similar cc. Plus the extra energy could be used elsewhere or creating another 1/1 body.

#5 - Baral - Perfect against aggro, useful cost reduction and the potential card draw is a bonus!

Lasraik and Abaddon like this

12 hours ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

Loving the list, but I'd certainly put a few cards in different places.

#1 - Kari Zev and her awesomely Legendary Monkey is by far the best card in the set for cube! She is just such a great card in an aggro type deck and up there in the Top Four 2cc Red creatures of all time for cube! 1/3 first strike and menace is huge and the monkey each time she attacks just makes her amazing. Plus she's the perfect body to put equipment on. If you're feeling really greedy you can instant speed sacrifice the monkey after combat damage is done before your end step every single turn!

#2 - Walking Ballista - Such a powerful and versatile card. This has gone up in my estimations a lot, I thought it could be great, but not expecting it to be this good!

#3 - Fatal Push - Just so so good! (Did I mention that it was good?)

#4 - Aether Chaser - Another cracking 2 drop for Red 2/1 with First Strike really helps deal with a lot of chump blockers of a similar cc. Plus the extra energy could be used elsewhere or creating another 1/1 body.

#5 - Baral - Perfect against aggro, useful cost reduction and the potential card draw is a bonus!

This is a solid list.  Although I might swap 1 and 2.  Walking Ballista is amazing

Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 likes this

Walking Ballista is definitely nuts, got to be on the list to consider for cube. 

I like Baral if there is any Ux spells archetype in there

Kari Zev's Expertise over the lady pirate herself, especially if there are a decent number of sacrifice outlets

Winding Constrictor, helps out with all the counter synergies you might want to put in 

Number 5, Release the Gremlins, sometimes you need to kill some artifacts

Honourable mention for Pacification Array. You'll probably open up the cube box and find a copy in there, whether you decide to put in or not

36 minutes ago, rainman said:

Walking Ballista is definitely nuts, got to be on the list to consider for cube. 

I like Baral if there is any Ux spells archetype in there

Kari Zev's Expertise over the lady pirate herself, especially if there are a decent number of sacrifice outlets

Winding Constrictor, helps out with all the counter synergies you might want to put in 

Number 5, Release the Gremlins, sometimes you need to kill some artifacts

Honourable mention for Pacification Array. You'll probably open up the cube box and find a copy in there, whether you decide to put in or not

Release the Gremlins has certainly claimed a spot in my cube!

That Pacification array would end up finding its way into everyone's pack for drafting or sealed pool!

rainman likes this