Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark_LifeBeginsAt20

My Game Day Experience

7 posts in this topic

My Game Day Experience Vlog is up on the channel now - Overall I enjoyed the day, but it really was spoilt for me. No idea if this is a common experience at all, but I'd love to know your thoughts on it.

Lasraik likes this

I'm very glad I didn't take my partner with me, that's for sure! I know I need a little practice and probably made a few mistakes along the way, but I've known so many nice people online through this forums and youtube, I hoped that people would be the same everywhere. I'll be going to a different LGS next for sure though as I'm not giving up on this.

rainman likes this

Some people can be real {insert expletive of your choice here}, you're right with what you were saying comparing your experience and @TOTALmtg's. If you turn up with a random deck you brewed up yourself, chances are someone will criticise your bad deck,  particularly if you manage to beat them. If you turn up with a deck "inspired by" a successful list from a big event someone else is just as likely to start calling you out as a net decker (again, usually only when they lose). Yes, it's only a minority and it's overall nowhere near as bad playing real-life paper Magic as on MODO, but it's probably easier to laugh off online, just take a screenshot and tweet it out to @SaltyLosers to cheer yourself up. Comments like that at Game Day are well out of line.

I don't think I'd be bothered if I was playing online as I've seen enough of salty children on League of Legends not to take it seriously. At least league is free!

I'll make changes and maybe people will see the flaws in my deck as to why things didn't work out as planned. I'm always happy to have constructive criticism as at least I can improve upon that! I've had some luck with a slightly different brew so far on xmage.

rainman likes this

That's a bummer.  It can be so deflating when you run into someone like that who just is out to be insulting.

I don't blame you for not wanting to go back to that game store.   Don't let it get you too down.