Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

MM17 and Amonkhet Packaging

40 posts in this topic

Link to Wizards site

Modern Masters 17 packaging (Griselbrand confirmed) 

2-20-2017 10-18-07 AM.png

Amonkhet Packaging and full art lands.  Full art lands should be standard from now on imho

2-20-2017 10-20-13 AM.png2-20-2017 10-20-39 AM.png

I also created a Gallery category for Amonkhet

MTGZuby, JesGolbez, TAGVoar and 2 others like this

Also the planeswalker cards on the page on the Wizards site you linked to- is that the actual art from those cards?? It's awful. I hope there are no real Amonkhet cards with miserable cartoon art like that

Lasraik and Abaddon like this

1 minute ago, MTGZuby said:

As someone else has mentioned on another forum, the mountain card is not related to mountains at all! The rest are related to their color though.

The Island doesn't seem to feature an island at all either, mostly looks like a desert through a blue filter, with a waterfall. Looks nice though

Lasraik and MTGZuby like this

4 minutes ago, rainman said:

The Island doesn't seem to feature an island at all either, mostly looks like a desert through a blue filter, with a waterfall. Looks nice though

At least the Island has water in the picture. The mountain doesn't show a single mountain!

Lasraik likes this

Just now, MTGZuby said:

At least the Island has water in the picture. The mountain doesn't show a single mountain!

There is plenty of worse art on that page- not just those planeswalker cards, there's also what looks like a man dressed up as Liliana in one of the pictures further down

Lasraik likes this

Wow, those full-art lands! They will be in 1-in-4 booster packs, so harder to get than usual :( Sooo awesome, though.

Modern Masters - Will there be a shard-multicolour theme? We already  see a Bant angel and a 2-colour PW.. 

Abaddon and Lasraik like this

Sweet Baby Nicol Bolas... Those lands are so sexy! Like, I hope the Fatpa... Sorry... "Bundle Pack" having those lands in them like they did for the first release of Zendikar! Cause if they do, I'll be buying them in bulk >.<  

I adore the art of Amonkhet! Liliana the Planeswalker looks foolish, but the other picture looks amazing! I hope they don't do Gods again, of if they do, they don't suck.

Thanks for the heads up!

Abaddon, Manticore and Lasraik like this

3 hours ago, rainman said:

Also the planeswalker cards on the page on the Wizards site you linked to- is that the actual art from those cards?? It's awful. I hope there are no real Amonkhet cards with miserable cartoon art like that

Yeah it's really bad.  Sad cause other Liliana art has been pretty spot on.  Especially Liliana of the Veil :wub:

2-20-2017 1-47-56 PM.png

2 hours ago, MTGZuby said:

Not even a damn hill.  

21 minutes ago, TAGVoar said:

Sweet Baby Nicol Bolas... Those lands are so sexy! Like, I hope the Fatpa... Sorry... "Bundle Pack" having those lands in them like they did for the first release of Zendikar! Cause if they do, I'll be buying them in bulk >.<  

I adore the art of Amonkhet! Liliana the Planeswalker looks foolish, but the other picture looks amazing! I hope they don't do Gods again, of if they do, they don't suck.

Thanks for the heads up!

They will always be Fatpacks!  If they are harder to get I'm guessing they will have regular lands in Fatpacks :(  I really like the theme around Amonkhet

TAGVoar and Manticore like this

1 minute ago, Lasraik said:

They will always be Fatpacks!  If they are harder to get I'm guessing they will have regular lands in Fatpacks :(  I really like the theme around Amonkhet

Now they're a little bigger maybe obesepacks is more suitable

Lasraik likes this

1 minute ago, rainman said:

Now they're a little bigger maybe obesepacks is more suitable

Big boned packs?  

Notice the horns on the lands all look different, I thought that was just for Bolas?  Is Snapcaster Mage on the box?  Shoulda stuck with the original art I don't like the direction they are going with new art

8 hours ago, MTGZuby said:

Hopefully, if they do a full cycle of full-art lands, the other mountains will actually be on mountains, like they did with Ravnica version 1

Abaddon and Lasraik like this

21 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Wow, those full-art lands! They will be in 1-in-4 booster packs, so harder to get than usual :( Sooo awesome, though.

Modern Masters - Will there be a shard-multicolour theme? We already  see a Bant angel and a 2-colour PW.. 

Keep hearing that it will be a multi-colored theme.  Not sure if that's such a great idea with a set like this

18 hours ago, Titcher said:

apparently maro confirmed that 25% of the lands in the bundle will be full art.

11 hours ago, Aurian said:

Well, 1 in 4 packs will have a full art land right so... not just bundles? 

That's kinda weird.  Why not just make them all full art lands?   Why do a percentage?  

1 minute ago, Aurian said:

Why aren't all cards in foil?

I guess they want to make them special but not too easy to get... 

They've already made all lands in Zendikar and BFZ full art, why not do the same here?

TAGVoar likes this

1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

They've already made all lands in Zendikar and BFZ full art, why not do the same here?

In my option, it seems that Hasbro doesn't give a fuck about making the game fun, interesting, or unique anymore. All they care about is cramming as much money down their pants as they can, and they know the MTG community will keep throwing it at them to do so. If they made all the lands full-art, then it would be easy at first to get them, so the price wouldn't be that jacked up, even when you account for the inflation of Fatpacks (like Zendikar). But now, making those precious full-art lands semi rare (and let's face it, they will probably be even more rare than 25%), the price jump even further, because there are enough consumers in the market that want those cards, and so they'll do anything (and PAY anything) to get them. Look at the Eternal Master cards, or whatever-the-fuck those super rare foil reprint cards are called. A fucking Ornithopter is like 60$... I have hundreds of Ornithopter cards just laying around, but they aren't worth even a penny because they aren't "special." It frustrates me as a collector.

Lasraik and Aurian like this

3 hours ago, TAGVoar said:

I have hundreds of Ornithopter cards just laying around, but they aren't worth even a penny because they aren't "special." It frustrates me as a collector.

The original Ornithopters from Antiquities are still worth plenty if you've got any of them. 

Lasraik likes this