Followers 0
Lasraik

Apple vs. U.S. Gubment

Apple vs. the U.S. Gubment   4 members have voted

1. 1. Should Apple cooperate?

• Yes, Apple should break into the phone
    • No, they should refuse
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 posts in this topic

For those who aren't familiar, here is the story: http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2016/02/apple-fbi-san-bernardino/463128/

On one hand, breaking into this phone may save lives and allow law enforcement to apprehend other people involved with the attack or other attacks that are being planned.

On the other side, if they break this phone then other governments may request the same tool, and we lose more personal security.  Apple claims it will settle in court.

So what are your thoughts on this?  I'm honestly on the fence.  

What about other mobile OS's? There are far more Android users than Apple. What's the score with them? Are they already able to break into them?

Lasraik likes this

From what I understand, they are simply not asking apple to break into the phone.  They are asking apple to create an Easter egg to bypass the security.

I am all for law enforcement to have the capability to look at a device.  They can search your house, car, etc with probably cause.  So I would include a phone in that discussion.

But creating a whole separate OS for that purpose is a no go for me.  What if the Russians want a version?  That would be something that could be used at range without even taking physical possession of the phone.

Lasraik likes this