Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pasanda

US citizens view of their leader

44 posts in this topic

I'm interested to know what you US Citizens think of your new president.

Are you proud?

Are you ashamed?

Are you afraid?

Are you hopeful?

Are you defensive?

Are you excited?

Are you meh?

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

I too am interested to know what the actual citizens of the country he was elected president in think of him.  I certainly got the opinions of people in my own country on the matter, repeatedly, and whether I liked it or not.

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

I am neither proud nor ashamed.  Trump was the best choice among the available tools.

I am not afraid, I am indeed more hopeful than I have been for some time.

I am very excited to see what changes come to pass, I was terrified of where we were heading.

I have nothing to be defensive about.  I care very little for anything other than what results or changes may come to pass.  I don't need Trump to be a role model, I need him to get the job done.

Meh?  Yeah.  I am Meh about twitter, and all the fear mongering, name calling, rioting, and general child like whimpering of the liberals.

Edited by Jag
Boag and ChuckWagonMTG like this

Are you proud?  No

Are you ashamed?  Sometimes, especially when he makes an ass out of himself while meeting with world leaders

Are you afraid?  No

Are you hopeful?  A little.  Hopefully some positive changes will be made.

Are you defensive?  Only when he's compared to Hitler and called a Nazi.  He's an arrogant prick but he's not a Nazi.

Are you excited?  Not really, it's like watching a reality TV show.  I'm excited to see what he does during his Presidency

Are you meh?  Starting to be.  The media freaks out over everything he does so when he does do something bad (he probably will sooner rather than later), most people are going to be tired of the constant panic from the media and ignore it.  

Boag and ChuckWagonMTG like this

Canadian here, but I'd just say that I would be ashamed of Trump as a President. Not so much his policies, even if I find them terrible, but more for the fact he is the epitome of Small Penis Syndrome.

You are the leader of the free world, and you've made it to the top, so act like it. Every slight is met with a childish retort, every press conference is a campaign speech, and the attacks on the press are dangerous and childish. 

On the other hand, he is providing entertainment :D

Just now, Jag said:

Justin Trudeau, and you are ashamed of Trump? hahahaha

Oh, I am not a *huge* Trudeau fan, by any stretch, but at least he acts like a mature adult. 

4 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

Oh, I am not a *huge* Trudeau fan, by any stretch, but at least he acts like a mature adult. 

I dunno, there's some pretty crazy anti-discrimination laws that target speech from what I understand.  Trudeau praised Castro after his death and called him a 'remarkable leader'.  :blink:

But yeah, he's the exact opposite of Trump

Just now, Lasraik said:

I dunno, there's some pretty crazy anti-discrimination laws that target speech from what I understand. Trudeau praised Castro after his death and called him a 'remarkable leader'. :blink:

Oh, there are many policies and reversals I am mad about, that's for sure, but, again, this is about how he behaves.

The only thing I can say about the Castro thing is that their family had a little history with them. It was a gaffe, sure, but JT has not been caught on camera talking about grabbing women by the pussies, or getting in twitter spats with C-list celebrities. 

This is like comparing a kick in the balls with incurable cancer. 

Trudeau has had a few of those gaffes.  Trump is someone cant and have no interest in defending.  He's a buffoon.  

To answer:

Yes. Trump is already fixing some problems

Of some policies, yes. The travel ban was very poorly rolled out. I don't agree with him based on constitutional issues.

No

Yes. Our economy is restoring itself. The wall is offering $85 and Loan forgiveness.

Of Trump? Yeah, especially since we are not Nazis, even though we're called that.

See Hopeful

Depends on meh.

Lasraik likes this

22 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Are you meh?  Starting to be.  The media freaks out over everything he does so when he does do something bad (he probably will sooner rather than later), most people are going to be tired of the constant panic from the media and ignore it.  

Press coverage of Trump in first month of office: 88 percent ‘hostile,’ says new study

There was no press honeymoon for President Trump during his first month in office. A meticulous new study by the Media Research Center finds that 88 percent of the broadcast news coverage of Mr. Trump and his team was “hostile” during the first 30 days of office.

The coverage was intense and plentiful. The study, which analyzed both tone and content for evening newscasts on ABC, NBC and CBS, found that the “Big Three” networks produced 16 hours of coverage on the new president and his staff. That is over half — 54 percent — of their total coverage for the month.

“Our measure of media tone excludes soundbites from identified partisans, focusing instead on tallying the evaluative statements made by reporters and the nonpartisan talking heads (experts and average citizens) included in their stories,” write Rich Noyes, research director for the conservative press watchdog, and fellow analyst Mike Ciandella.

“In their coverage of Trump’s first month, the networks crowded their stories with quotes from citizens angry about many of his policies, while providing relatively little airtime to Trump supporters.” the pair noted. “And the networks’ anchors and reporters often injected their own anti-Trump editorial tone into the coverage. ‘It has been a busy day for presidential statements divorced from reality,’ CBS Evening News anchor Scott Pelley snidely began his February 6 broadcast.

“A new American president is always a big story, but TV news is obsessed with the Trump administration — and not in a good way,” they observed.

The study found that Mr. Trump’s call for a temporary ban on travel from seven specific Middle Eastern nations drew the most negative coverage — over three hours. Other favorite showcases for negative coverage of Mr. Trump included the border war between the U.S. and Mexico, battle over his cabinet confirmation picks and the president’s “complicated relationship” with Russia.

“Further highlighting the hostile tone of these newscasts, nearly an hour of coverage (56 minutes) was given over to anti-Trump protests on various topics, with nearly one-fifth (82 out of 442) of the Trump stories or briefs aired during these 30 days including at least some discussion of an anti-Trump protest,” the study reported.

Mr. Trump may be accustomed to the treatment by now, however. A previous Media Research Center report found that 91 percent of the broadcast coverage about his campaign was also negative — deemed “twelve weeks of Trump bashing” by Mr. Noyes and his team.

When we talk about media bias, this is exhibit A.  Any semblance of journalistic objectivity has been thrown out the window.

I really try to read/watch different sources.  NY Times, Post, LA Times, Google News, Yahoo News, NBC, ABC ... all of them are so out there and out of touch.

I still think they are digesting the results of the election.  Everyone in the media thought his candidacy was a joke.  Think about that, the people covering the election, ALL thought he was a joke.  Then he started winning and everyone in the media thought there is no way he can beat Hillary.  After all, their own polls all but assured a victory.  Then election night came, Wisconsin went red and their entire house of cards crumbled.  Instead of accepting the results, we started getting the stories of impeachment, Russian hacking and stories of the electoral college members switching their votes.  Jan 20 came and went and the image of Obama, their guy, their chosen one, their model president ... sitting in the White House ... with Donald Trump.  Over night, they went from a guy who loved them and actively worked to win their adoration ... to someone they thought was a complete joke, have no respect for and to someone who doesn't give 2 shits about whether they like him or not.  The media is still in shock.  In fact, a majority of columns I read still refer to him as Mr. Trump.  Think about that for a minute ... they can't even type the words President Trump. (NY Times article from today President Trump 1 time, Mr. Trump 4 times ... I never saw Mr. Obama)

This is what children do.  This is how children behave when they do not get their way.  We are in the midst of a full blown media temper tantrum.  And as time marches on, they will soon come to accept him.

Given all of that, I can see where your impressions are somewhat jaded.  Its the news you get, its universal in its outrage, and its always negative.  Hell, you can't even watch a single late night show without them ripping Trump.  All the award shows rip Trump.  Even our own Funny thread is a constant negativity about Trump.  I guess its funny ... if you want to alienate half your potential audience.  Its a constant stream of negativity on all fronts.

Are you proud?  Sometimes

Are you ashamed?  Sometimes

Are you afraid?  No

Are you hopeful?  Yes, I like the direction and overall policy guidelines, save for a lack of entitlement reform.

Are you defensive?  A little.  The endless parade of negativity is nauseating.

Are you excited?  A little.  Lets see what he can get done.

Edited by Dunnar
Elovia, Lasraik, Boag and 2 others like this

4 minutes ago, Wolphard said:

Coming from someone who moans about people yelling silly stuff on FB, this is quite an odd thing to say.

Not really, asking for clarification and information rather than accepting or refusing it based on my own agenda fits in perfectly with my 'moaning'.

What Obama did, was to basically change the entire concept of war.  Troops came home, soldiers stopped dying in significant numbers.  Drone strikes, elite commando strikes, and bombs dropped all grew exponentially during his 8 years of war.  When he says there will be war, it is because he sees no signs of anyone backing down.  If it does happen, it won't be like the old days.  Very few soldiers will be directly involved. 

“We’re going to war in the South China Sea in five to 10 years,” he said in March 2016. “There’s no doubt about that. They’re taking their sandbars and making basically stationary aircraft carriers and putting missiles on those. They come here to the United States in front of our face – and you understand how important face is – and say it’s an ancient territorial sea.”

" China says nearly the entire South China Sea falls within its territory, with half a dozen other countries maintaining partially overlapping claims. China has built a series of artificial islands on reefs and rocks in attempt to bolster its position, complete with military-length airstrips and anti-aircraft weapons."

Edited by Jag

19 hours ago, Wolphard said:

My point exactly. It's been months. If you were curious, you should have looked the video up yourself. It's not hard to find, and would have prevented a suggestive question like that.

I disagree but it's clear you are not interested in a debate at all just forcing your own agenda on others so fuck off.

5 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I disagree but it's clear you are not interested in a debate at all just forcing your own agenda on others so fuck off.

Don't get mad.  He is just liberal.  That is how they think.  You see Liberals internalize their political stances.  The moral outrage is a self serving reinforcement that they are good people.  When you disagree with a liberal, you are attacking their internalized identity.  Not only will you never win, you won't even get a reasonable discussion.

On 3/6/2017 at 11:45 AM, Jazz said:

Wasn't Hillary calling for war anyway?

She said the U.S. would be ready with economic and military responses after the allegations that the Russians hacked the DNC during the election.

I'm buying a penknife, magnifying glass and a bow and arrow set. We're all going feral guys. I can't wait.

This poor planet needs the R&R.

25 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

I'm buying a penknife, magnifying glass and a bow and arrow set. We're all going feral guys. I can't wait.

This poor planet needs the R&R.

Is that the true purpose of the cabin?  Pas's apocalypse bunker

On 10/03/2017 at 4:04 PM, Wolphard said:

My agenda, if anything, is that you inform yourself. You heard someone else say that "Hillary called for war" ages ago, and are parroting it here. How dumb is that, 5 months later. That's how misconceptions are maintained.

Instead of engaging with me, you resort immediately to ad hominem attacks.  I actually was hearing and reading this from various sources, not one of which was this video you refered to so had nothing to do with that, though I am sure if I look it up I will find it is not as clear cut as you are trying to make it out to be.  Instead of trying to engage with me, you launch into full ad hominem attack and attack me as a person, spouting your own misconceptions and bullshit propaganda, and this is despite the fact that I have usually been on the same political side as you in most of these debates.  I am currently having to deal with my sister fighting just to keep her disabled children in special schools due to the government trying to turf them out, friends who have had their disability support cut, and a myriad of other shit to deal with, I do not need some obnoxious Dutch twat on a forum board trying to tell me I am dumb for not conforming to his dogmatic doctrine and not engaging in his 2 minute hate.  You've turned into the Left version of Submersed, you fucking realise this right?  Try engaging with people, instead of sticking to your own misconceptions, and try to talking to me like I am a fucking person and not resorting to attacks on someone who was actually treating you like a friend until you started pulling this shit.

On 10/03/2017 at 4:45 PM, Dunnar said:

Is that the true purpose of the cabin?  Pas's apocalypse bunker

Hey don't knock the idea. Tiger sheds in the UK genuinely sell a Zombie Fortification Shed for 70k. Guaranteed to defend against attack by zombies for 10 years.

http://m.tigersheds.com/product/zombie-fortification-cabin-zfc-1/

In other news, can i politely request that you take the fights to PMs please. Debates are cool, but this is turning into something else, and i am interested in our colleagues views and discussion around Trump.

Edited by Pasanda

6 hours ago, Pasanda said:

In other news, can i politely request that you take the fights to PMs please. Debates are cool, but this is turning into something else, and i am interested in our colleagues views and discussion around Trump.

Get off meh lawn you wipper snappers!

PM's can get nasty, I don't mind these guys hashing it out.  I have stopped following most of the political stuff I see.  I don't know what to believe anymore.