Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Transcendent MTG

NFL Free Agency

34 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

Uncle Rico > Jay Cutler > Anything my Browns have had at QB in the last 25 years.

I dunno, you might be forgetting about the Kelly Holcomb era (a few games is an era, right?)

Looks like the Browns went shopping for a new O-line, acquired another shitty QB and got another 2nd round pick.  Interesting move ... wonder if it sets the stage for a NE trade for Jimmy G.

1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

I dunno, you might be forgetting about the Kelly Holcomb era (a few games is an era, right?)

He had like 6 good games.  I believe we hung a banner for that.  We also have banner for being tied for first place after 9 games a few years ago.

Lasraik likes this

18 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Looks like the Browns went shopping for a new O-line, acquired another shitty QB and got another 2nd round pick.  Interesting move ... wonder if it sets the stage for a NE trade for Jimmy G.

He had like 6 good games.  I believe we hung a banner for that.  We also have banner for being tied for first place after 9 games a few years ago.

They did even better, Osweiler!  lol

18 hours ago, Jag said:

In the name of all that is holy, please don't let this happen.  But being the Bills they will probably bring him in and start a QB controversy with Taylor a few days after they restructured his contract.  

17 hours ago, Breakfast with Nerds said:

I heard talk that the Broncos were looking at Romo....

Hearing the Texans are pushing hard for him, too.  Don't understand why he gets so much hype, he's never been a top tier QB imo.  He gets much of the attention because he plays for the Cowboys.

I know people are calling the Patriots signing Gilmore a stroke of genius, but they overpaid for him.  

This is the funniest thing I have seen in awhile ... Link

Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook has adjusted the Texans' odds from 40-1 to 20-1 to win Super Bowl LII after they traded away Osweiler.

I'm glad that my garbage-fire of a team will finally have a (theoretically) good O-Line again. Now to strategically blow the plethora of picks we've amassed...

1 hour ago, thirstydogmtg said:

I'm glad that my garbage-fire of a team will finally have a (theoretically) good O-Line again. Now to strategically blow the plethora of picks we've amassed...

Can't be any more of a garbage team than @Dunnar and I.  We have the Browns and Bills covered.

1 hour ago, thirstydogmtg said:

Sounds like hes a Browns fan.  And I see he's from Akron ... definitely a Browns fan.  I am sorry @thirstydogmtg.

It should be mathematically impossible to miss on that many draft picks for that long of a period of time.

thirstydogmtg likes this

35 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

Sounds like hes a Browns fan.  And I see he's from Akron ... definitely a Browns fan.  I am sorry @thirstydogmtg.

It should be mathematically impossible to miss on that many draft picks for that long of a period of time.

We have a really tall bridge that is part of I-480 which crosses through Cleveland suburbs. There's a reason a Twitter account exists for it :-)

Math and logic don't apply to the Browns. That's how they bypassed the mathematically impossible result of wasted draft picks. At least we've had the Cavs and Indians.

EDIT: I see you're from Cleveland, DOH. I'm sure you share the pain then.

Lasraik and Dunnar like this

The Browns are like those parents who have 10 or 12 kids and they are all fucked up.  Then blame the kids, when everyone knows its the parents.  They draft talent just fine, then the organization destroys them.

Lasraik and thirstydogmtg like this

On 3/16/2017 at 8:16 AM, Jag said:

The Browns are like those parents who have 10 or 12 kids and they are all fucked up.  Then blame the kids, when everyone knows its the parents.  They draft talent just fine, then the organization destroys them.

To that point, I hate when people say "If only XYZ team had only drafted Tom Brady, they would have a bunch of Super Bowl rings!"  

That's not the way it works.  You can draft a great player out of college but if your organization is a mess they will fail.  

Mingo, Erving, Manzel, Gilbert, Richardson, Weedon ... yeah, drafting quite the load of talent. 

On 3/18/2017 at 9:19 AM, Dunnar said:

Mingo, Erving, Manzel, Gilbert, Richardson, Weedon ... yeah, drafting quite the load of talent. 

From that group Manziel is the only one I would have passed on.  Can't remember how high they drafted the rest but I remember Richardson being heralded as the second coming of Walter Peyton.

Anyone watch the draft?

As a Browns fan, this is my Superbowl.  As usual, we won!

Seriously, I like what we did.  Garret - instant starter.  Peppers - reminds me of Polamalu.  TE looks like a stud.  Don't push for a QB if one isn't there.  Next years class is filled with some really good players.  I like it, we are finally building a team.

And it was great that we didn't have Berman mucking up the broadcast.  It was actually a nice production by the 4 letter.  Where was McShay?

Bills - trade.  My boss is a Bills fan and he texted me ... Fuckin bills.

Bears got their QB of the future.  Good luck with that.

Lasraik likes this

21 minutes ago, Jag said:

No words.

Is this what it feels like to be a Cleveland fan?

Keep doing that for 25+ years.  Only then can you understand what it feels like.

On 4/28/2017 at 6:07 AM, Dunnar said:

Anyone watch the draft?

As a Browns fan, this is my Superbowl.  As usual, we won!

Seriously, I like what we did.  Garret - instant starter.  Peppers - reminds me of Polamalu.  TE looks like a stud.  Don't push for a QB if one isn't there.  Next years class is filled with some really good players.  I like it, we are finally building a team.

And it was great that we didn't have Berman mucking up the broadcast.  It was actually a nice production by the 4 letter.  Where was McShay?

Bills - trade.  My boss is a Bills fan and he texted me ... Fuckin bills.

Bears got their QB of the future.  Good luck with that.

Didn't watch one minute of it.  I forgot it was even happening until I saw the headlines.  Bills didn't do much but maybe that's a good thing.  Then they fire their GM Whaley the day after the draft in typical Bills fashion.

On 4/28/2017 at 8:12 AM, Jag said:

No words.

Is this what it feels like to be a Cleveland fan?

lol