Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Transcendent MTG

NFL Free Agency

34 posts in this topic

But Cleveland winning the draft is nothing new, they do that almost every year....  No. 1 pick = win right :P

Edited by Boag
Lasraik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Dolphin fans?  

DGpTObEV0AApJu0.jpg

How can you not be inspired by the great Jay Cutler?  I'm sure you went out and bought a jersey.

Jay Cutler's best quotes from his Dolphins introductory press conference

Quote

— On his workout routine: "The good thing is I play quarterback so I don’t have to be in that great cardiovascular shape."

— On his goals with the team: "I'm just coming here to help (and) get back into football. We'll see how it goes."

— On how coach Adam Gase recruited him: "He asked what kind of shape I'm in. ... I told him I was good to go. It was very short, very brief and they didn't know what the situation was going to be here. And I kind of went from there."

— On how often he tossed footballs around during the past four months: "We got two boys so we are always doing something. And I'd go down to (Vanderbilt) and do some stuff down there ... I was playing basketball in the mornings and there was football camps there, so you're around it."

— On the role his wife, Kristin Cavallari, played in his return to football: "I think she got tired of me around the house. It was a little different. ... She saw what kind of opportunity this was and she was all for it."

 

How about the AFC East?  The QBs are Cutler, ex Brown Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor and some guy named Brady.

Edited by Dunnar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list of quality quarterbacks in the NFL is incredibly short.  Miami is a run focused team.  Adam and Jay have been (in the past) top tier.  Adam Gase back in the day put Cutler on that short list.  I can't blame them at all.  I hope he does well.  He is certainly not a leader.  He is getting paid 10 mil...you bet your ass he takes that deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2017 at 9:59 AM, Jag said:

The list of quality quarterbacks in the NFL is incredibly short.  Miami is a run focused team.  Adam and Jay have been (in the past) top tier.  Adam Gase back in the day put Cutler on that short list.  I can't blame them at all.  I hope he does well.  He is certainly not a leader.  He is getting paid 10 mil...you bet your ass he takes that deal.

You managed to use Cutler and top tier in the same sentence without being sarcastic.  Cutler has never been top tier, even when he was at his best he was maybe middle of the road.  As a Bills fan, I'm ecstatic over them choosing Cutler.

They should have dug up Brett Favre and given him a contract, it would have been more entertaining and they would get more W's that way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

You managed to use Cutler and top tier in the same sentence without being sarcastic.  Cutler has never been top tier, even when he was at his best he was maybe middle of the road.  As a Bills fan, I'm ecstatic over them choosing Cutler.

They should have dug up Brett Favre and given him a contract, it would have been more entertaining and they would get more W's that way.  

I have watched a lot of Bears games.  I would take Cutler over a lot of other qbs.  The media hates him because he won't pander.  Injuries have killed the bears every year it seems like forever.  I think Jay will be just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Jag said:

 I think Jay will be just fine.

He has $10 million reasons to be fine.  Other than who knows how good of shape he is in, coming off shoulder surgery, throwing a ton of picks and being made of paper mache, he'll be fine.

I hate when teams do this.  What does Cutler bring over what the back up did?  Will it amount to any more wins?  If so, enough wins to make a difference?  What's next years plan?

Look at the Vikings last year.  Bridgewater went down, they panicked and over paid for Bradford.  What did that get them?  Last year, Romo went down and the Cowboys reluctantly stuck with a 4th round rookie.  Not saying it all works out like that.  But why do these teams scramble and over pay for a known, crappy commodity?

Lasraik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2017 at 9:35 AM, Jag said:

I have watched a lot of Bears games.  I would take Cutler over a lot of other qbs.  The media hates him because he won't pander.  Injuries have killed the bears every year it seems like forever.  I think Jay will be just fine.

Admittedly I didn't watch a ton of Bears games, but the numbers don't lie.  Hell, the Bears basically threw him away for nothing in return.  If there were a trade market for him last year they would have been happy to get rid of him for a six pack.

There are a lot of QB's in the league who are 2nd or 3rd in the depth chart (even already on the Bears roster as @Dunnar mentioned) that would have been a cheaper and better option.  

Fearless predictions: Cutler won't start all 16 games, (he can't stay healthy) and he will throw more interceptions than TD's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He retired and the contract was too big for the bears, they had just drafted the future QB.  I think Jay will win down there, even though your predictions come true.

I'm rooting for the guy, not because I want to vindicate any opinions I have of his talent, but because he was a Bear for 8 years. He sacrificed his body for 8 years behind some of the worst Olines and incompetent coordinators. Yet not once do I ever remember him calling out teammates/coaches or throwing any of them under the bus when things went wrong. Even when some of them take their jabs, he was always the bigger person and never played the media game. I was looking forward to seeing him in the booth this year, but will gladly cheer for him on the Dolphins.

Edited by Jag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jag said:

He retired and the contract was too big for the bears, they had just drafted the future QB.  I think Jay will win down there, even though your predictions come true.

I'm rooting for the guy, not because I want to vindicate any opinions I have of his talent, but because he was a Bear for 8 years. He sacrificed his body for 8 years behind some of the worst Olines and incompetent coordinators. Yet not once do I ever remember him calling out teammates/coaches or throwing any of them under the bus when things went wrong. Even when some of them take their jabs, he was always the bigger person and never played the media game. I was looking forward to seeing him in the booth this year, but will gladly cheer for him on the Dolphins.

I'll give the guy credit for not throwing everyone under the bus when he probably should have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0