Transcendent MTG

Amonkhet spoilers

21 posts in this topic

New split cards in amokhet.\

Dusk
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures with power equal to or greater than 3.

Dawn
Sorcery
Consequences
Cast this magick only from your graveyard. Then exile it

Return all creature cards with power equal to or less than 2 from your graveyard to your hand.

hpTzDW9e.jpg

2 minutes ago, thirstydogmtg said:

I removed my post about it. :-p

Pretty crazy card. Card templating is pretty bad but can make sense if you lay your graveyard out hiding top halves.

Based on how graveyards are layed i think that is how the card was designed in mind

The card looks pretty cool.  Unfortunately, it won't see any play.  5 mana is too much for White Weenie decks to play and that is exactly what this card wants to be played in.

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come - I was looking forward to this set purely down to the art side as ancient egypt is my favourite period of history. I'd have rather them made flip cards for this tbh as the slithers of artwork are poor. But like Alby said, the card is awful and won't see play at those costs - bar limited (at a push)

TAGVoar likes this

The dusk side doesn't seem bad. A 4 CMC Wrath kinda sorta but my god does it look hideous. Please tell me we won't be getting more cards like this. If it was in the Fuse style from RTR Block I wouldn't mind it.

2 minutes ago, Transcendent MTG said:

i think it may be a cycle.. so i think there will be a card like this for each color maybe? speculation here

You're probably right, but I hope this isn't something they continue to do.  

Personally, I don't mind the look of the card, or the idea behind it... what I hate is the fact that the art is basically an after thought on both "cards" making them look fake and clunky. But I like the fact that they are attempting to bring back the "graveyard icon" effect, but in a totally weird and frightening (and somewhat ugly way thanks to the shitty art), is nice. I personally won't be using it they way I think they are intending it to be used, because I'm left-handed and set my board up differently than most, but for all you "normals" our there, it's an interesting attempt. Will it fail? Probably. But still, I like the idea behind the card, but not the implementation of said idea.

Lasraik likes this

Looks like they aren't backing down from Graveyard effects.

I hope it's fake, the card looks like a misprint but maybe they are going for that appearance. 

I like the idea behind a card like this and i hope it's real but, in pure aesthetics, man this is an ugly design. Literally painful to look at. Perfectly designed for all those players who stack their graveyard sideways with the bottom half of each card visible though, so not a complete waste of time

On 3/20/2017 at 5:25 PM, rainman said:

I like the idea behind a card like this and i hope it's real but, in pure aesthetics, man this is an ugly design. Literally painful to look at. Perfectly designed for all those players who stack their graveyard sideways with the bottom half of each card visible though, so not a complete waste of time

I'm still trying to figure out how I'd organize my GY in a way that would make this template make sense. 

We both lay our graveyards out in a vertical strip with card names visible. 

MTGZuby likes this

1 hour ago, Breakfast with Nerds said:

I'm still trying to figure out how I'd organize my GY in a way that would make this template make sense. 

You would have the rest in a vertical strip but rotate this out 90 degrees so that the GY spell shows from within the pile. 

1 hour ago, Breakfast with Nerds said:

Like normal human beings in other words

This templating, though still horrendous to look at, would make more sense if the text on the two halves was switched around

1 minute ago, Aurian said:

You would have the rest in a vertical strip but rotate this out 90 degrees so that the GY spell shows from within the pile. 

Lots of players do that with exiled cards (though admittedly also removing them from the graveyard). Still, my main objection to this layout is the pain its causing my eyes

I agree the layout sucks. It just looks wrong to me too.

Exiled cards in our playgroup are usually turned facedown in the GY or in a separate pile. 

Lasraik likes this