MindlessARTIST

commander
Yasova, the Theif

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I brewed another deck. This time, Yasova is the one leading the charge, and the whole point of this deck is to steal your things forever. Either that or I get to benefit off of the creature some way, shape or form.

Here is the decklist. I haven't put it all together quite yet, but I am definitely looking for suggestions or feedback!

Hmm, I find it hard to comment on EDH decks.

How about another sac outlet or two? You have some good ones, but having 1-2 others can make sure your steals become true removal. 

42 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

Hmm, I find it hard to comment on EDH decks.

How about another sac outlet or two? You have some good ones, but having 1-2 others can make sure your steals become true removal. 

I wasn't sure how many I wanted, but I have yet to play it out. I am starting to collect the cards, but I'd like you know what you would run for sac outlets.

You know, I thought about it, but didn't put it in there in the end. Maybe I'll put it in, as I haven't been able to play the deck in paper, but for now I'll think about it. 

Lasraik likes this

You mean sac outlets as in creatures you can sacrifice?  Something like Dragon Fodder maybe?

Image (1).jpg

18 hours ago, MindlessARTIST said:

@Lasraik No no, as creatures to sacrifice into, such as Food Chain, Greater Good, Perilous Forarys, etc

Oooooh, I misunderstood.  

@MindlessARTIST, my buddy had a Yasova deck, that he then turned into Riku eventually, but he played Scourge of Skola Vale, which isn't a great card, but could get huge if no one had an answer for it.

Altar of Dementia is also a fun card, that is a free sac outlet, and can hurt opponents especially when you sac their big creatures. Other good sac outlets could be Ooze Garden, Goblin Bombardment, and of course Birthing Pod.

I also feel you're a bit heavy on lands. I would think 37 would suffice, because you have quite a bit of ramp.

14 minutes ago, King of Jank said:

@MindlessARTIST, my buddy had a Yasova deck, that he then turned into Riku eventually, but he played Scourge of Skola Vale, which isn't a great card, but could get huge if no one had an answer for it.

Altar of Dementia is also a fun card, that is a free sac outlet, and can hurt opponents especially when you sac their big creatures. Other good sac outlets could be Ooze Garden, Goblin Bombardment, and of course Birthing Pod.

I also feel you're a bit heavy on lands. I would think 37 would suffice, because you have quite a bit of ramp.

How about this list?

// 100 Maindeck
// 12 Artifact
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Hero's Blade
1 Conqueror's Flail
1 Sol Ring
1 Sword of the Animist
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Strionic Resonator
1 Sundial of the Infinite
1 Skullclamp
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Staff of Domination
1 Altar of Dementia

// 24 Creature
1 Yasova Dragonclaw
1 Willbreaker
1 Dominus of Fealty
1 Shaman of the Great Hunt
1 Xenagos, God of Revels
1 Acidic Slime
1 Eternal Witness
1 Zealous Conscripts
1 Surrak Dragonclaw
1 Reclamation Sage
1 Deadeye Navigator
1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 Altered Ego
1 Clever Impersonator
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Dack's Duplicate
1 Progenitor Mimic
1 Prime Speaker Zegana
1 Roil Elemental
1 Keiga, the Tide Star
1 Thassa, God of the Sea
1 Urabrask the Hidden
1 Sower of Temptation
1 Flamerush Rider

// 9 Enchantment
1 Evolutionary Leap
1 Temur Ascendancy
1 Greater Good
1 Rancor
1 Bear Umbra
1 Shivan Harvest
1 Asceticism
1 Illusory Gains
1 Ooze Garden

// 10 Instant
1 Beast Within
1 Krosan Grip
1 Fling
1 Chaos Warp
1 Reality Shift
1 Grab the Reins
1 Plasm Capture
1 Desertion
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Worldly Tutor

// 36 Land
1 Frontier Bivouac
1 Command Tower
1 Kessig Wolf Run
1 Temple of Mystery
1 Sulfur Falls
1 Temple of Abandon
1 Rootbound Crag
1 Hinterland Harbor
1 Opal Palace
1 Arcane Lighthouse
1 Yavimaya Hollow
1 Yavimaya Coast
1 Shivan Reef
1 Alchemist's Refuge
1 Ghost Quarter
7 Island
8 Forest
5 Mountain
1 Oran-Rief, the Vastwood

// 9 Sorcery
1 Kodama's Reach
1 Cultivate
1 Explosive Vegetation
1 Farseek
1 Harness by Force
1 Bribery
1 Primal Command
1 Rite of Replication
1 Expropriate

Lasraik likes this

Yeah I think that's starting to shape up! I might have missed some of the differences between that list and the linked list, but I like the inclusion of Flamerush Rider, Sower of temptation, illusory gains, etc. I LOVE Asceticism! That card is a must in most green decks.

Wrangle is another card that could be added as a cheap steal effect on small, but important creatures.

Lasraik likes this