Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesGolbez

[AKH] Amonkhet Spoilers!

138 posts in this topic

I like the Monuments.  More:

4-4-2017 11-40-15 AM.jpg4-4-2017 11-38-37 AM.jpg4-4-2017 11-38-20 AM.jpg4-4-2017 11-39-52 AM.jpg4-4-2017 11-39-31 AM.jpg4-4-2017 11-39-16 AM.jpg4-4-2017 11-39-01 AM.jpg

A couple of things: 

The first leaked card design looks legit, seeing Onward/Victory.  And is Essence Scatter their way of slowing down creatures?

Manticore likes this

I'm loving most of these new spoilers so far, looks like a sweet sweet for limited definitely. I just want to get before the first split card that was leaked is confirmed and say, if it's real someone screwed up. The phrase is (From) dusk til(l) dawn, not dusk to dawn

Lasraik likes this

Have been a bit off-the-grid lately, but pretty flavourful spoilers thus far. Those split cards are just goofy-looking, though :P

Lots of combo/synergy potential with Drake Haven and the scarab insect-maker

I agree, I think the split card design is a misplay by wizards. It would have been much nicer if the first spell had Aftermath with an activation cost equal to the CMC of the second spell, oppose to stitching a second card on to it.

A nice note I saw in another discussion: The other split cards were represented with "and" as the split ie: Beck and Call or Breaking and Entering. But these seem to have "to" has the split: Dusk to Dawn, Onward to Victory.

Manticore likes this

30 minutes ago, MTGZuby said:

We finally have some graveyard interaction in Standard! A little bit too late honestly since Delirium is not nearly played as much and Emrakul is banned but hey! It's something right? 

C8pdhoHXsAAoot2.jpg

I see this being a commander staple. auto include in the 99. And a strong budget option for modern and an auto include in sideboard for matches against dredge

Manticore likes this

19 hours ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

All about the sacred cat for alters! I'm still not that excited about this set yet, which makes me a little sad as I love ancient egypt

So far the set has been kind of meh. I'm hoping they are saving their good cards for last.

8 hours ago, King of Jank said:

I agree, I think the split card design is a misplay by wizards. It would have been much nicer if the first spell had Aftermath with an activation cost equal to the CMC of the second spell, oppose to stitching a second card on to it.

A nice note I saw in another discussion: The other split cards were represented with "and" as the split ie: Beck and Call or Breaking and Entering. But these seem to have "to" has the split: Dusk to Dawn, Onward to Victory.

After seeing the Invocations the split cards don't look as bad lol. Still not a fan of the look of the new split cards but at least I can read them!

Lasraik likes this

1 hour ago, MTGZuby said:

We finally have some graveyard interaction in Standard! A little bit too late honestly since Delirium is not nearly played as much and Emrakul is banned but hey! It's something right? 

C8pdhoHXsAAoot2.jpg

finally about a year and a ban late.  #makeemrakulgreatagain

25 minutes ago, Aurian said:

Is Gideon shrinking? Wasn't he a 6/6 before? 

ZERO for a Platinum Angel? Time to build an ALL-GIDDY DECK. 

He was a 5/5 on Ally of Zendikar

rainman likes this

1 hour ago, MTGZuby said:

Whelp, gonna be a Gideon Standard for a few months!

gideon.png

Another one?  Gideon is the new Jace

9 minutes ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

Average mythic is average - No haste and 1 toughness - give me a break...

C8qaf3PUAAArz5Z.jpg

While it has a really neat affect and may see play unfortunately Walking Ballista just kills this on the spot

Transcendent MTG likes this

40 minutes ago, MTGZuby said:

While it has a really neat affect and may see play unfortunately Walking Ballista just kills this on the spot

I dont think you play it without haveing the red touche in hand to equip.

11 minutes ago, Transcendent MTG said:

I dont think you play it without haveing the red touche in hand to equip.

Maybe but Ballista kills it on the spot as soon as it resolves

Transcendent MTG likes this

On 4/4/2017 at 8:48 PM, King of Jank said:

The Apocalypse split spells were separated by "or", since there was no fuse mechanic or pseudo-flashback (Life or Death, Fire or Ice, Illusion or Reality).