Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mark_LifeBeginsAt20

For those of you that may be interested what I do outside of MTG

15 posts in this topic

Many of you may or may not know that I'm a professional video editor for a living, working at sky sports news. To promote the upcoming Masters 2017 golf tournament for my work, I decided to create this watercolour history piece as I felt that this was the best way to convey why this is the most prestigious and best tournament in golf! Everything here was created by myself. No templates at all. Hope you enjoy!

rainman, JesGolbez, MTGZuby and 1 other like this

8 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

That's pretty cool, and I don't even watch that much golf :P 

Thank you! If it appeals to non golf fans then I've done my job right ^^

45 minutes ago, Transcendent MTG said:

This explains alot.

I'm Self taught and only been doing it for 2.5 years. I studied 3D animation at uni and worked in computer games before my career change. So becoming a decent video editor isn't as challenging as it may look! 

5 minutes ago, MTGZuby said:

Holy shit. That was awesome! Did this air on TV?

Yup it's running every hour now on sky sports news until the tournament, going out for the best edits of the month at sky internally and fingers crossed I can get it on the sky sports masters output. It's honestly the best thing I've ever done. 2.5 hour render time was brutal but worth it.

Lasraik and MTGZuby like this

16 minutes ago, AlbyMTG said:

We need to have a LifeBeginsAt20 vs TheMagicManSam editing battle.  I don't know how it would be done, but the 2 best editors in the MTG community going against each other would be awesome to see.

Lol! To be honest, I'm just happy people enjoy my work. I'd put josh lee kwai up there for sure too. His work on Commander games is awesome.

MTGZuby likes this

2 hours ago, rainman said:

NIce job, any predictions on who'll win the Masters this year?

Thank you. In all honesty I have a few picks that might get top 5 for a couple of cheeky each way bets. It's hard to look past Dustin Johnson with the form he's in to win it. Don't be surprised if Jon Rahm sneaks up there during the week though. He looks like a phenomenal young talent!

rainman likes this

3 hours ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

Thank you. In all honesty I have a few picks that might get top 5 for a couple of cheeky each way bets. It's hard to look past Dustin Johnson with the form he's in to win it. Don't be surprised if Jon Rahm sneaks up there during the week though. He looks like a phenomenal young talent!

Rahm is not a name I'm familiar with, I'll keep an eye out for him

3 hours ago, rainman said:

Rahm is not a name I'm familiar with, I'll keep an eye out for him

He came second in the WGC last week - young spanish kid that's being talked in the same way as rory was when he broke into the scene.

MTGZuby and rainman like this

20 hours ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

He came second in the WGC last week - young spanish kid that's being talked in the same way as rory was when he broke into the scene.

Spanish? From the name, i did not see that coming

Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 likes this