Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnar

MLB 2017

10 posts in this topic

Its Opening Day and I know,  nobody cares.

Well I care and you're going to have to deal with it. 

The Indians team that went extra innings in Game 7 of the World Series is largely intact. They lost Napoli, but added Encarnacion (thanks Toronto) and Brantley is finally healthy.  Rotation led by Kluber is 5+ deep and the bullpen is stacked.

I know its baseball and anything can happen, but this team is loaded and has some unfinished business to take care of. I'd like another crack at the Cubs, with a healthy rotation this time.

Edited by Dunnar
Lasraik likes this

It's almost like the season never ends.  One of the biggest reasons I don't care for baseball is there are so many games.  MLB and NBA should shorten their seasons to make the games more meaningful

On 9/3/2017 at 5:21 AM, Dunnar said:

As September rolls around the Tribe has won 10 in a row, have an 8 game lead in the division and are getting a lot of talent coming off the DL.

Locked and loaded for another run.

Meanwhile, the Jays had an awful off-season, and it translated into an awful season. Injuries hurt, but ...ugh... age kills... and I miss Edwing :(

9 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

and I miss Edwing :(

Thanks for that.  Cant wait to see Brantley off the DL to go with EE and Bruce with the rest of the guys.

So the Indians are going to lose Chief Wahoo. What's the temperature on that decision in hometown Cleveland?

Yay? Nay? Meh?

They aren't doing away with him totally ... they are still going to sell merchandise with the logo.  They also said there was a compromise ... that fans can still wear it to the games.  How nice of them!

I think it is utterly ridiculous, as do most fans.  The owner traded the logo for an All star game to placate the commissioner.

As a side note ... @Jag ... you can use this as exhibit A for how the media is.  They do not report anything.  Just watch all of the national reports.  They start out by picking a side, then back filling the story to support their side.  That is not journalism.  Just read the headlines.  No arguments for keeping it, only that it is wrong and bad and offensive.

Its a sign of the nobody-can-be-offended snowflake times times we live in.  Our dipshit owner probably thinks this is the end.  Oh no ... its only the beginning.  See, being offended has no limits.  The next social justice cause will be for the Indians to be renamed.

If you give a mouse a cookie ...

...they feel entitled to your income to pay for their diabetes.

We don't get news in America anymore.  We get propaganda, agenda, and biased opinion.  I use reddit for my news now.  At least there I get both sides.

I'm more annoyed by the wishy-washyness of it all. This half-way nonsense doesn't really solve the 'problem'. If you are going to disown the logo, just go all the way and change the team name to the Spiders. 

6 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Its a sign of the nobody-can-be-offended snowflake times times we live in.  Our dipshit owner probably thinks this is the end.  Oh no ... its only the beginning.  See, being offended has no limits.  The next social justice cause will be for the Indians to be renamed.

I call them the Society of the Perpetually Offended.

... And soon they will want fans caught wearing the logo to be ejected from the game/facilities for hate speech and promoting racist caricatures. Because (somehow) they're entitled to enjoy MLB in their safe spaces, and MLB is required to provide them.

But I mockingly say this from the safety of my white male privilege (?) - the punching bag du jour for social progressives. The hypocrisy is strong.

Edited by Elovia
Dunnar likes this