Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Trade Binder Questions

14 posts in this topic

If you have a trade binder, do you take it with you when you go to events or your LGS?  Do you carry cards with a certain amount of value with you or only more expensive/less expensive cards?

Do you have more than one?  

Do you let anyone look at it or do you ask them exactly what they are looking for first, to avoid everyone getting their hands on it?

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

22 hours ago, Transcendent MTG said:

I have multiple binders; i always have the most valuable binder on me and i bring them all everytime i go to lgs.. never know when ill meet someone looking to trade. ill let them hold my binder if i hold theres

Do you only take your most valuable?

Transcendent MTG likes this

I have two trade binders that I take with me every time I go to my LGS.  I have the Star City Games X4 and an Ultra Pro 4 Pocket Flip Pro Binder.  I generally keep my more expensive stuff in the smaller binder and I only get it out when people ask about expensive cards and things like that.   I keep everything else in the X4.  The X4 is a great binder and I highly recommend it.  It is much larger than your average binder, but other than that, it is amazing.  I let people look through the X4 whenever they want.  I generally don't ask for trades, people usually ask me first.  I trade with everyone at my LGS who is interested in trading.  well, everyone except for this one guy at my LGS who is awful to trade with. He overvalues all the cards that he owns and undervalues all the cards that whoever he's trading with owns. Most of the people in the store have stopped trading with him, but he still asks everyone at the shop if they have trades on them whenever he is in the store.  For anyone else though, I am more than happy do trades if they have something I want and I have something they want.

King of Jank and Lasraik like this

11 minutes ago, King of Jank said:

I've been tempted to start a trading binder, but have never got around to it. I don't really want to spend the money on a nice binder, but don't really want to stick my cards in a school binder either.

Is getting one of the nicer binders worth it? Would you guys recommend it?

i use ultrapro. they are like 10 bucks. works well

King of Jank likes this

10 hours ago, King of Jank said:

Huh, good to know! I always steered away from ultra pro because I hate their sleeves, but if their binders are ok quality and fairly cheap, I might look into them. Thanks!

Also, their sleeves are reportedly good now, the Eclipse line that they have started making got a great review in a video The Professor made a few weeks ago. Up until then he had always looked down on Ultra Pro products too and seemed genuinely pleasantly surprised at the quality of these newer sleeves

Koakka and King of Jank like this

10 hours ago, rainman said:

Also, their sleeves are reportedly good now, the Eclipse line that they have started making got a great review in a video The Professor made a few weeks ago. Up until then he had always looked down on Ultra Pro products too and seemed genuinely pleasantly surprised at the quality of these newer sleeves

Thats also good to know! I'll check out that video!

My main concern with UltraPro sleeves is that they weren't long enough, so my cards get getting little knicks in the top of them. After it happened to my Narset planeswalker and Anafenza (EDH commander), I said fuck this brand. Yes, I could've doubled sleeved, but still I haven't had this issue with Dragon shields single sleeved so...

rainman likes this

On 4/20/2017 at 0:28 PM, Transcendent MTG said:

i use ultrapro. they are like 10 bucks. works well

On 4/20/2017 at 1:06 PM, King of Jank said:

Huh, good to know! I always steered away from ultra pro because I hate their sleeves, but if their binders are ok quality and fairly cheap, I might look into them. Thanks!

I've had good luck with Ultra Pro.  I have a couple of their 4 Pocket Binders and my only complaint is that the strap that holds it together gets a little loose after a while but overall it's pretty solid.

Also have a BCW 12 Pocket Z Folio.  I like this one better because of the zipper and I don't have to worry about cards falling out of it.  Have had it for about two years and haven't had any problems.  

On 4/21/2017 at 7:31 AM, rainman said:

I have bought the eclipse sleeves, and they are by far my favourite ones. I lost my faith in Ultra Pro a long time ago, but after seeing the video the Professor made I gave them a try. Best sleeves in my opinion.

On 19/06/2018 at 8:06 PM, Koakka said:

I have bought the eclipse sleeves, and they are by far my favourite ones. I lost my faith in Ultra Pro a long time ago, but after seeing the video the Professor made I gave them a try. Best sleeves in my opinion.

Then the Eclipse sleeves became bad, then they became good again (and the packs got bigger!)