Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesGolbez

Any Other Baseball Fans Here?

39 posts in this topic

As A Blue Jays fan, I am obviously excited for the upcoming season. The team looks good, and there is plenty of drama :)

Any other baseball fans here?

I am an Indians fan ... not a baseball fan.  I used to follow in the mid/late 90's when we were really good.

Then we changed ownership.  Traded away 2 consecutive Cy Young winners.  And thus endith my baseball following days.

I will jump on the band wagon when they are good.

The Blue Jays are worth watching.

I can understand. The Indians really are one of the least interesting teams in the league recently :)

I'm not sure which team is more boring: Cleveland, Milwaukee, or Minnesota?

How old is your son? I just remember graduating right from tee-ball to actual pitching (of course, it was mainly meatball lobs at that age)

Never have gotten into baseball, I just root against the Yankees usually.  If they lose then I'm happy.

After doing some reading ... I believe my Indians will have an interesting year.  Perhaps they will give the Blue Jays a run for their money.  I realize they are in different divisions, but we'll see you in October.

Hmm, did the Indians really do that much? I expect the Royals and Astros will pace the Central, again, making it tough for Cleveland.

Then again, the Jays have a tough bunch of opponents in the East :P 

IMO ... Strong starting pitching and a balanced bullpen.  Depth at both.  That gives them a chance in every game.

If they can get decent run production, thinking they will have a good year.

Astros are in the West.  I think the Central will be between KC and Cle, but the Royals are due for a let down.

It is 2016, right?

I would like to stream the Indians games over my tablet or on my Xbox (2nd tv).  Lets face it, its baseball.  I would like to keep track of, and not necessarily watch, so when the game is interesting or I want to pay more attention, I can flip over.

I am a cable customer.  The channel is blocked out of the TWC app.  It is not available on the Fox Sports Go app (Cavs games are).

MLB.TV will only stream out of market games, even with a full $110 subscription (I have a ticket open on this to verify).

I cannot believe that in 2016 that I cannot stream Indians games over my tablet or onto my Xbox.  

JesGolbez likes this

The MLB is one of the most technologically advanced of the leagues, but the almighty TV still rules. TV contracts are worth a hell of a lot of money, so you can be sure the teams and networks don't want others undercutting them :/

Luckily for me, I am a luddite and watch my games on TV :) Rogers owned the Blue Jays, and broadcast their games, too... no shortage of baseball to watch.

I can watch the NFL on the TWC app on my Xbox.  The only thing I cannot seem to get is an Indians baseball game.

I just don't understand it.  I want to consume their product.  I want to follow and be interested and all that jazz.  Just find it hard to believe that my only options are radio or a TV+cable box.  I cannot even get the radio stream over my smart phone while doing yard work unless I pay $8 per month.

My other option is to not pay attention.  Which is what I will probably end up doing.

Does the NFL have local TV contracts like the MLB does? Or, is it all nationally televised? (I really don't watch the NFL, and in Canada, it's mainly the big national channels we see it on)

I do find it annoying that they'd want to charge for a damn RADIO stream... all radio stations should offer unlimited streaming...

NFL does not have local TV contracts.

Yesterday, I was upstairs with the wife/kids watching one of their shows.  The Cavs and Indians were playing at the same time.  On my tablet, I pulled up Fox Sports Go to watch the Cavs.  Low and behold, the Indians was an available option.  So I had my son pull up the Fox Sports Go app on his PC.  The Cavs were an option, but no Indians.

Fox Sports Go is not available on Xbox.  And the Indians are not available on PC, but at least I can stream them on my Tablet and Phone.

And this block C logo sucks.  I think Cincinnati every time I see it.

Dunnar,

1. I think the local TV contracts for baseball is the problem. These channels pay huge $, and don't want streaming to undercut their commercials. The NFL gets so much $ nationally, that it doesn't hurt them to do streaming. The NFL can do no wrong, it seems

2. Yeah, I understand why the Indians want to get away from Chief Wahoo, but their new logo is so bloody boring... Why not just rename the team, rather than these babysteps?

3. Fox Sports Go - Weird how tablet works and PC doesn't *boggle*. That seems to be an app issue, perhaps... maybe ask Fox Sports Go why the diff?

1. agree

3. very weird

2. No frickin way.  In fact, the owner is a puss for giving in to the 6 protesters.  I will never buy anything with that stupid C and without chief wahoo.  Every single year, the same 6 people come back to protest.  And every single year, the papers give the 6 protesters front page coverage.

Given the exposure/kerfuffle over the Redskins name, I have seen, even up in Canada, some stuff around the Cleveland Indians name. I really don't know the situation in your city, or amongst the tribes there, but the team ought to own it or leave it.

Living here in Vancouver, we tend to use Indian to refer to somebody who came from India :P A huge community of them here.

40 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

Isn't there 200 more games in this season, though?

250 ... but this team is good.  Its our year!

15 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Just in case you didn't notice, the Tribe is in first place.

Yeah, the Jays just split a series with them. Indians pitching is amazing, but I am also amazed how the Tribe is doing so well with such a putrid offense. 

The White Sox finally fell back to Earth after a hot start, and the Blue Jays are finally starting to play as well as they should.