Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesGolbez

Any Other Baseball Fans Here?

39 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2016 at 7:50 AM, Dunnar said:

After doing some reading ... I believe my Indians will have an interesting year.  Perhaps they will give the Blue Jays a run for their money.  I realize they are in different divisions, but we'll see you in October.

Its like I'm frickin Nostradamus... I'll see you and your Jays in the ALCS!

JesGolbez and Lasraik like this

On 08/10/2016 at 6:56 AM, Dunnar said:

Its like I'm frickin Nostradamus... I'll see you and your Jays in the ALCS!

Well, I hope so... Fuck the Red Sox :P

Indians pitching has been amazing this year. Strangely, the Starting pitching has been the Blue Jays strength, too...

Wild finish to tonight's game. That said, I hope the Red Sox win one game to give the Jays some rest. 

You watch the TBS pregame show?  They are so bad.  TBS shouldn't be doing any baseball.

It was funny, there were 3 Indians games in the ALDS.  All 4 pregame talking heads picked the Red Sox to win before each and every game.

30 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

You watch the TBS pregame show?  They are so bad.  TBS shouldn't be doing any baseball.

It was funny, there were 3 Indians games in the ALDS.  All 4 pregame talking heads picked the Red Sox to win before each and every game.

Thankfully, we don't get the TBS pre-game show. While we get the TBS broadcast, we get our own Sportsnet/Canadian pre-game show, which is very much pro-BJs :) (Although they cover all of the action and are generally well-rounded).

Both teams have lots of time to rest... I hope the Jays offense doesn't disappear like the Red Sox' did. 

1 hour ago, JesGolbez said:

Thankfully, we don't get the TBS pre-game show. While we get the TBS broadcast, we get our own Sportsnet/Canadian pre-game show, which is very much pro-BJs :)

Aren't we all pro BJs?

JesGolbez and Elovia like this

*grumble*

Well, congrats to the Indians. Their pitching has been dominant all season, and the Jays couldn't get much going other than Game 4.

1 hour ago, JesGolbez said:

*grumble*

Well, congrats to the Indians. Their pitching has been dominant all season, and the Jays couldn't get much going other than Game 4.

Thanks!

And here's to a long NLCS.  Although you know what?  This is our year.  City of Champions!

That includes Ohio State too.  Told my son .. enjoy this ... this NEVER EVER happens.

In case you didn't see, the Cubs are in the World Series.  Does anyone even know who they are playing?

Based on what I'm seeing and reading, I don't even know why they are playing the games.  We should just hand the trophy to them now.  After all, those poor suffering Cubs fans deserve it.

JesGolbez likes this

As the White Sox are my other team, I'm not sure if I want the Cubs to win :)

Mainly because Cubs fans are likely to be just as insufferable as Blackhawks fans... 

Still, I am neutral in this war. I just look forward to good beisbol

Is the season over yet? <_<

But seriously, I'm glad to see some fresh teams in the Series.  I'm torn, because I like the Cubs (I gravitate towards bad teams) and Dunnar is an Indians fan.  

Someone forgot to tell the Indians that this was the Cubs party and were supposed to have a cakewalk to the title.

Hershbeck was beyond awful and MLB should be embarrassed.

Cv5eWlmUkAALzZ-.jpg

Cv5eWlpUMAAkqBH.jpg

Fortunately, we get the MLB International feed up here in Canada. This year, it's Matt Vasgersian and Buck Martinez (Pbp/Colour guy of the Jays), and they are a great duo. 

In past years, it was Rick Sutcliffe as colour (meh), and Gary Thorne as PBp (awesome). 

Buck isn't as bad as he was in the past, and seems to be self-aware of how people perceive him, but I'd rather listen to many other broadcasters first and foremost.