Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Weird Card Interaction Alert: Kalitas & Anointed Procession

8 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, rainman said:

The only logical conclusion to draw from this article.

In a nut shell

If you deal damage to a creature to cause lethal damage you only get 1 token, If you use a spell to destroy a creature then you get 2 tokens.

I'm definitely confused. It seems like Kalitas' ability is what is creating the token, not the creature dying. The creature dies, Kalitas triggers, and then a token is created. I guess I don't understand what the word "effect" is. Isn't Kalitas' ability an effect?

On 5/11/2017 at 9:20 AM, Mox Zirconia said:

I'm definitely confused. It seems like Kalitas' ability is what is creating the token, not the creature dying. The creature dies, Kalitas triggers, and then a token is created. I guess I don't understand what the word "effect" is. Isn't Kalitas' ability an effect?

I'm confused too now lol

On 2017-5-11 at 4:20 PM, Mox Zirconia said:

I think I'm going to leave the technicalities of this one to the online judge community and assume this article is correct, and hope it never comes up in any games I'm involved in

the problem is not Kalitas its anointed procession. It states if an effect would create one or more tokens under your control. Causing lethal damage in the rule book is not an effect apparently.