Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlbyMTG

Amonkhet Game Day Winning Deck Tech - UW Tempo

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.  It has been approximately 12 years since my last upload, but I did successfully manage to win Game Day, so I decided to make a small deck tech video that went over the deck that I played.  I tried out some new things in this video compared to what I've done previously, so feedback would be appreciated.

1. I used a new website for the card images, did the images turn out as well as I think they did?

2. I made this deck tech much shorter than my usual deck techs.  Do you prefer the shorter deck techs like this or do you prefer longer videos where I go deep on each and every single card in the 75 like I've done previously?

Thank you everyone and you can check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzR4F2jsKfk&feature=youtu.be

Lasraik and JesGolbez like this

16 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Short and sweet is always the best, especially since you really just need to highlight the overarching theme of the deck, key cards, interactions, and matchups. Congrats. 

Thank you.  I'm kind of glad to hear that short and sweet is the answer because it will make these videos easier to make in the future.  For my draft videos, I like to keep them longer and very informative because a lot of people ask me for draft advice, but for deck techs, I was unsure as to whether people just want a deck list or if they want the same analysis that I would give for draft.  I appreciate the feedback.

On 5/25/2017 at 2:35 PM, AlbyMTG said:

Hello everyone.  It has been approximately 12 years since my last upload, but I did successfully manage to win Game Day, so I decided to make a small deck tech video that went over the deck that I played.  I tried out some new things in this video compared to what I've done previously, so feedback would be appreciated.

1. I used a new website for the card images, did the images turn out as well as I think they did?

2. I made this deck tech much shorter than my usual deck techs.  Do you prefer the shorter deck techs like this or do you prefer longer videos where I go deep on each and every single card in the 75 like I've done previously?

Thank you everyone and you can check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzR4F2jsKfk&feature=youtu.be

1.) the images turned out pretty good

2.) Sometimes short and sweet deck techs are ideal, I would say casual or draft decks fall into this catagory.  Other times when it's nice having a breakdown of each card and interactions within the deck when they are meant to be more competitive

17 hours ago, Lasraik said:

1.) the images turned out pretty good

2.) Sometimes short and sweet deck techs are ideal, I would say casual or draft decks fall into this catagory.  Other times when it's nice having a breakdown of each card and interactions within the deck when they are meant to be more competitive

Glad the images turned out well.  This new site is easier to navigate, so it is probably where I will continue to get my card images from.  Also, I agree with what you said in your 2nd point.  I think if I ever do a deck tech for something like a budget modern list, then I'll stick to short and sweet, but for the competitive decks like the Game Day winning deck techs, PPTQ deck techs, etc. then I'll make them longer and focus more on in-depth card interactions.

Lasraik likes this