Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JesGolbez

[HOU] Hour of Devastation Spoilers!

61 posts in this topic

Wow, 3 spoilers out of the blue, and all of them really potent

4tRYs5z.png.35c4401f712b14753857f97c6ad70180.png

Samut, the Keyworded, is now a Planeswalker, and she has even more words! WORDS!

Play this with some trample creatures and keep bashing in.

HOjh3pE.png.4406a556807012db5a4b67dc8c4ffc13.png

A THREE MANA WRATH! WOT!

It does Time Walk you, but a three mana wrath ... goddamn... I can imagine using this with some storage lands or mana rocks, and negate the downside.

Oh, and I love the image of a big Crocodile rampaging over the plebs

and...lastly

DTNXG2z.png.65dd5db3d24891bb8dfcc18acdd25176.png

DADDY'S BACK! 

Stop, I can only get so erect!

Four abilities, and all of them nasty and painful. Also, he's one mana cheaper than he was before...right into my Molasses Bolasses deck! :D

22 minutes ago, MTGZuby said:

What cards in standard let you untap right now?

The 1/2 green dork from Amonkhet can untap a land.. .(Edit: Nope, it just produces a colour of mana a land could produce...oopsy)

for older/casual formats, this card could be easier to build around. I don't know about Standard, though. Still, for tap-out control decks...play this, and have 2 mana up for a Censor or Essence Scatter? nice! 

First off, Bontu's Last Reckoning is SWEET!  Remember if you top deck it late game and play it to save your skin, you'll sill have the REST of your lands for whatever you draw next.  It does essentially TIme Walk you in the early game, but in the late game you can still work around it a bit.

Second, I don't follow the story as closely as I used to (I miss the physical books...) but was it already known that the gods would die? Because the name and flavor text....

Yeah we had a rather long discussion on our podcast last night about the spoilers. Bontu is super sweet in a control build so is Bolas I have just done a deck tech on Grixis Control in Standard and I am running it tonight hopefully at FNM. Played a few games last night and it was sweet. Samut I think will bring back G/R Beats/Energy as the +1 is so powerful in the aggro build.

JesGolbez and Lasraik like this

45 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

I almost think Nicol has to be fake.  It's bananas.   Wonder what the rest of this set will look like and how many bannings we'll see because of it :lol:

Given how powerful his first PW card was, and the fact he is Big Daddy, you have to expect something mean and brutal. Look at Cruel Ultimatum!

Aetherworks Marvel just needed another juicy target!

On 6/2/2017 at 8:49 AM, JesGolbez said:

Given how powerful his first PW card was, and the fact he is Big Daddy, you have to expect something mean and brutal. Look at Cruel Ultimatum!

Aetherworks Marvel just needed another juicy target!

I really hope Devastation has some powerful removal to avoid any more bannings

Just now, JesGolbez said:

That is one angry kitteh!

Wildfire Eternal - Damned if you do, damned if you don't
Ramunap Excavator seems really damn good... recur Strip Mine ;) or just use the cycling lands and get them back. A Crucible of Worlds on a dude. 

Kitteh is the only one here I'm not testing unless eternalize is amazing. The rest of them are great!

Just now, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

Kitteh is the only one here I'm not testing unless eternalize is amazing. The rest of them are great!

Eternalize... hmm, maybe it exiles from the Graveyard and becomes an Aura? (Eternalizing it's spirit?)