Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dunnar

Any Tablet experts?

33 posts in this topic

Well crap.  I read a few articles about them, now they are out haha.  I had an acer once that I did not love.  Phaw I don't know anymore.  Keep looking now haha.

I don't know why I did not just go ASUS from the beginning.  All my laptops are ASUS.  I really wanted a full flipbook, this one only goes to 127 degree, but it should work.  OK I feel really good about this one.  Make me hate it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075N1YHVK/ref=twister_B076DMS1F7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

The last device i bought was an Acer, which was a great spec and really good value, but also had an HDD. It was painfully slow. I happened to have a spare SSD, which i switched out myself very easily (but you might have issues with OS, unless you have licenses), and it literally turned it from painful to use, to super whizzy. If you can fit an M.2 SSD, they are 2-3 times faster again than an SSD. Many small device mobo's have a slot for them hidden away. 

Do you really need all that capacity on this type of device?

Edited by Pasanda

I will take another look at the surface.  I am trying to keep it under 800 because if I am going to go higher I might as well spend the 1500 for a screaming new gaming laptop, that I don't need.  I do want to be able to game on it, but size and portability are my main concerns.

I am going to wait until all the sales at the end of the month.  I know enough now to make a wise choice.  Thanks.