JesGolbez

[XLN] Possible Ixalan Spoilers

39 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Transcendent MTG said:

Fast lands and legendary pirate.. seems good. they look legit but they are all foil.. interesting

They do print foils on separate sheet, so many somebody at the printer *tsk tsk* took a quick snap of one of the foil sheets.

I think they are real because none of them are that good.  These all seem like cards that WOTC would make.  Spyglass is the only card here that I really like.  Spyglass will be a sidebaord staple for Standard and possibly some modern decks as well.  Banner and Adaptation will go in EDH tribal decks. I also like the reprinting of that land cycle.  They are going to be dirt cheap since they have been printed a million times already, but those lands have always worked great in standard.

Another image spoiled. Good luck reading it, though ;)

MMhlWMt.thumb.jpg.0e86e89856814348ce0f4df218f26699.jpg

Looks like a ... GREEN Merfolk? o.O

Hostage Taker 2UB
Creature — Human Pirate (Rare)
When Hostage Taker enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or creature until Hostage Taker leaves the battlefield. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that spell.
2/1

Just now, JesGolbez said:

Well, you can avoid them, if possible :) I do try to make sure the SPOILER tag is fairly visible... 

I have a hard time not looking... :(

It's all over twitter as well so avoiding isn't really possible - I just hope nothing else comes from this set.

11 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

Another image spoiled. Good luck reading it, though ;)

MMhlWMt.thumb.jpg.0e86e89856814348ce0f4df218f26699.jpg

Looks like a ... GREEN Merfolk? o.O

Hostage Taker 2UB
Creature — Human Pirate (Rare)
When Hostage Taker enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or creature until Hostage Taker leaves the battlefield. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that spell.
2/1

i cant really read anything on this sheet :(

13 minutes ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

Another I've got is the 2bb instant (no idea on name)

Exile target creature or planeswalker.

You gain 2 life.

It's the story black card above ashes of the somethingorother

so a better hero's downfall?

1 hour ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

I've figured one out:

1w or 3w (stupid pixels) - Ashes of the (not sure on last word)

Enchantment

Players can't cast spells from graveyards or activate abilities of cards in graveyards.

Whenever a creature dies, you gain 1 life

Without the life gain part, this is basically a slightly less good Grafdigger's Cage so hopefully not 3W to cast it. At 1W, it's potentially a great sideboard card in pretty much every format

Still doesn't stop Living End though