JesGolbez

[XLN] Possible Ixalan Spoilers

39 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Well, you can avoid them, if possible :) I do try to make sure the SPOILER tag is fairly visible... 

I have a hard time not looking... :(

Haha, my thoughts exactly.   I also shared copies of these images on facebook, but slugged them with a SPOILER ALERT - IXALAN to ward off those who don't want to be surprised.   

Still, the images are blurry enough that you really have to actively try to read them to get anything out it.  AND if you turn the second image sideways, it makes a great banner graphic :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see a leak of the full foil sheet was ... leaked, but not very readable.

 

Honestly, I don't mind a few leaks, but I don't have to see half the set spoiled when its not going to even be out for a few months. Thus, I'm going to try my best to ignore many Ixalan leaks :(

Lasraik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, King of Jank said:

I felt dirty looking at all those leaks. Hopefully Ixalan has some good uncommons to bring the hype back up.

I know how you feel. You almost feel guilty for even thinking on clicking the pics.

But once I know it's there I can't look away.

King of Jank and Lasraik like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Aurian said:

It's like that box of donuts or chocolates... you know it's bad for you and you'll feel guilty after, but still you look and gobble them up...,

Fair, at least looking at the cards doesn't have the same end result of me covered in crumbs, crying on my couch from my lack of self-restraint. I can feel good about that.

Is it just me or does it look like WotC is slowing down the format again? I know their blurry, but it seems like the rares are higher costing CMC.

Aurian, Temporal Magic and Lasraik like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cards leak all the time before set releases.  I know this is sooner than it usually happens and I'm not a big fan of spoilers in general but I don't really understand why so many people are upset about it.  When Commander 2017 cards leaked I don't remember anyone being unhappy.

I do understand the frustration for those people who don't want to be spoiled cause it's almost impossible to avoid them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

Cards leak all the time before set releases.  I know this is sooner than it usually happens and I'm not a big fan of spoilers in general but I don't really understand why so many people are upset about it.

I agree, I'm not oppose to spoilers or leaks, as they give you a hint at whats coming. I think with these (despite being so early), its the quantity factor. Yes, they are blurry, so there could be many things we can't tell right now, but I mean at this point we know how many PW and what colours, we know how many rare dinosaurs/pirates, etc. However, I know to figure all that out you probably have to dig for it, and can't get it straight from the blurry pictures.

I'm not upset but...kinda disappointed in myself? Like when you find your presents before Christmas, you're excited but now the hype is gone.

Regardless, there is still a lot to look forward to with these cards.

Lasraik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, King of Jank said:

I agree, I'm not oppose to spoilers or leaks, as they give you a hint at whats coming. I think with these (despite being so early), its the quantity factor. Yes, they are blurry, so there could be many things we can't tell right now, but I mean at this point we know how many PW and what colours, we know how many rare dinosaurs/pirates, etc. However, I know to figure all that out you probably have to dig for it, and can't get it straight from the blurry pictures.

I'm not upset but...kinda disappointed in myself? Like when you find your presents before Christmas, you're excited but now the hype is gone.

Regardless, there is still a lot to look forward to with these cards.

I used to avoid spoilers all together because I liked being surprised opening packs and going over them for the first time.  Now when I open packs it's all old news, I kinda miss not knowing.

King of Jank likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lasraik said:

I used to avoid spoilers all together because I liked being surprised opening packs and going over them for the first time.  Now when I open packs it's all old news, I kinda miss not knowing.

Oh man, that actually sounds pretty fun. I might try to do that for...lol I almost typed Ixalan, but thats the whole reason we're posting here in the first place

...I'll try for the one after!

Lasraik likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Aurian said:

I think part of it is like... Ixalan is so far off still. We hadn't really started the HOU spoilers yet, and then we have other stuff first like C17.

the hype train for Ixalan will be derailed. 

I agree, it's way too early.  It's like being spoiled on the end of a movie that is months away from hitting theatres

Aurian and Lasraik like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now