Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTGandME

Anyone else tried Archenemy Yet

9 posts in this topic

I've been thinking about this set for months now, how it would be nice to have an all inclusive board-game style MtG product. We played tonight before an eternal masters draft and I have to say I was kind of impressed.  It was a really fun casual game, and everyone agreed that it was something that should be played more often, in iieu of our typical commander go-between before other game formats.

That being said, from a story standpoint, I was kind of disappointed that the other GW members (Liliana, Jace, even Ajani) weren't included, so in order to expand the longetivity of the game, I've started building my own.  I even prepared a video on my youtube channel for a Liliana deck which you can see by following the link below. :) (

Lasraik and rainman like this

It's funny seeing this thread, one of our friends just picked it up to play.  Haven't had a chance yet but looking forward to trying it out.

20170617_230349.jpg

Adding another deck to the game is a great idea.  I'll be doing this since most of the time our play group is 5 people and one person would be left out.  

MTGZuby and MTGandME like this

I'm thinking about picking up just the schemes from the new Archenemy and create new scheme decks from the 2012 Archenemy schemes that I already own for some really nasty archenemy raid boss fighting.

MTGandME, Lasraik and MTGZuby like this

On 6/28/2017 at 4:06 AM, MTGandME said:

Just added deck 2: Jace to the mix.  Looking forward to giving it a try.  

Our playgroup is going to be using either the Jace add-on or the Liliana add on from your videos so we can have 5 players, thanks for doing these!

We played 4 rounds yesterday with the decks out of the box and we were surprised how powerful Nicol Bolas is.  We would play a game and pass the decks to the side so everyone had a chance to try each deck.  It wasn't until round 4 that we were able to get Nicol Bolas to under 30 health.  One round the deck finished everyone off in about 10 minutes.

We started wondering if we weren't working together well enough, cause it's a shift going from playing multiplayer everyone trying to kill you to helping each other.  

The white deck seems more like support, the green deck has some decent creatures and the red deck maybe some burn?  The three decks don't have much removal and most of the creatures are just bad.  The hard part about changing them up is throwing off the balance between the four decks.