Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Affinity for MTG

Decks Featured on Affinity for MTG

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this is just a list of every deck I've played on Affinity for MTG.  I will edit this post as I add decks to the channel, so even though it's a little barren now it will be a comprehensive (and easy to navigate) list of all the decks, ever!  These are links to the deck techs, but each video should have a link to the playlist in its descriptions. :)

Standard:
Courier Aggro (Aether Revolt Standard)

Panharmonument (Hour of Devastation Standard)

Modern:
Restore Balance

Oars

Pauper:
Shadow Black

Soul Tremors

Deckbuilding Challenges:
Random Card Challenge (Modern)

Yeah, it was the first series I uploaded and I technically recorded the games before I even had a channel, so it's super awkward.  That is to say, more so than my more recent games, which are also very awkward.

Quality is also pretty bad because I didn't know what I was doing...which, I suppose, is still true as well. :P

New deck on the channel! Soul Sisters, a boros tokens brew in pauper, built around Soul Warden/Soul's Attendant and Impact Tremors! Check out the deck tech, and the series if the deck interests you. :)

Soul Tremors Deck Tech

Soul Tremors Playlist

DE9jZ2jXgAEvPEv.jpg

Awesome! I wish I had realized the mana issues before hand.  I highly recommend -1 Plains for +1 Goblin Bushwhacker. Might be worth cutting a 2nd land for another Lightning bolt as well.

Still, it's been super fun to play, and sometimes this happens:

C_lWEBhXUAA-FfT.jpg:large

New deck on the channel!  Panharmonument, a Standard deck that combines UW Monument and UW Panharmonicon into...ummm....well, Panharmonument, obviously! Right, well, you'll just have to see it for yourself.

Panharmonument Deck Tech

Panharmonument Playlist

Pan twitter.jpg

Lasraik likes this

1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

The Panharmonument deck looks like a cheap way to get into Standard, but my playstyle is exactly the opposite I would always lose because I get impatient :ph34r:

Yeah, not gonna lie, I tend to like fast decks too. I also don't like not being able to kill things, which is why I tend to play with black so much. The deck is good at just sitting on top of a massive life total and grinding a game out though! :)

Lasraik likes this

We're back in Modern with an extreme budget B/W Enchantments build! Does a .88 ticket deck have any chance at all in the Tournament Practice room on MTGO?  Well, I guess we'll find out!

Oars Deck Tech video

Oars Playlist

59cc2155771ef_OarsDeckTech.thumb.jpg.4fab3362f644f19321b86d3f14ab039e.jpg

23 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Reminds me of the @Breakfast with Nerds budget deck from a month or two ago.  I'm behind on YouTube videos but I'm excited to see how it plays

Yeah! They definitely have some similarities, but ours was "all-in" on the "constellation" mechanic, whereas @Affinity for MTG was able to branch out and get some great value from cards without the keyword printed on them.  Love Eidolon of Countless Battles and Rally the Ancestors in his build.  Affinity's also has the benefit of being modern-legal- we assumed casual play and used Daxos' Torment, which isn't playable in Modern.  ;)  Also, if you're willing to "break" the $5 budget, I think Cast Out is great in both decks (replacing oblivion ring/banishing light, etc), since it counts as an enchantment and lets you interact at instant speed.  

Here is our Constellation deck tech in case anyone else missed it: 

Lasraik and Affinity for MTG like this