Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Affinity for MTG

Decks Featured on Affinity for MTG

25 posts in this topic

Hey guys, this is just a list of every deck I've played on Affinity for MTG.  I will edit this post as I add decks to the channel, so even though it's a little barren now it will be a comprehensive (and easy to navigate) list of all the decks, ever!  These are links to the deck techs, but each video should have a link to the playlist in its descriptions. :)

Standard:
Courier Aggro (Aether Revolt Standard)
Panharmonument (Hour of Devastation Standard)
Combustible Colossus (Ixalan Standard)

Modern:
Restore Balance
Oars 
Budget Affinity
Abzan Panharmonicon
Mono-Red Battle Cry
Blast Affinity

Pauper:
Shadow Black
Soul Tremors
UW Blades
Rakdos Control
GB Monsters

Deckbuilding Challenges:
Random Card Challenge (Modern)

Yeah, it was the first series I uploaded and I technically recorded the games before I even had a channel, so it's super awkward.  That is to say, more so than my more recent games, which are also very awkward.

Quality is also pretty bad because I didn't know what I was doing...which, I suppose, is still true as well. :P

1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

The Panharmonument deck looks like a cheap way to get into Standard, but my playstyle is exactly the opposite I would always lose because I get impatient :ph34r:

Yeah, not gonna lie, I tend to like fast decks too. I also don't like not being able to kill things, which is why I tend to play with black so much. The deck is good at just sitting on top of a massive life total and grinding a game out though! :)

Lasraik likes this

23 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Reminds me of the @Breakfast with Nerds budget deck from a month or two ago.  I'm behind on YouTube videos but I'm excited to see how it plays

Yeah! They definitely have some similarities, but ours was "all-in" on the "constellation" mechanic, whereas @Affinity for MTG was able to branch out and get some great value from cards without the keyword printed on them.  Love Eidolon of Countless Battles and Rally the Ancestors in his build.  Affinity's also has the benefit of being modern-legal- we assumed casual play and used Daxos' Torment, which isn't playable in Modern.  ;)  Also, if you're willing to "break" the $5 budget, I think Cast Out is great in both decks (replacing oblivion ring/banishing light, etc), since it counts as an enchantment and lets you interact at instant speed.  

Here is our Constellation deck tech in case anyone else missed it: 

Lasraik and Affinity for MTG like this

New deck is live on the channel!  A blue/white pauper deck that has been surprisingly consistent considering it's a 2-ticket deck. I'm extremely pleased with how this one has come together. Check out the deck tech, and the playlist for some MTGO games over the next few weeks!!

UW Blades Deck Tech Video

UW Blades Playlist

59fa275f771e9_DeckTech.thumb.jpg.011586d385973c32a4d1121b51e2492d.jpg

Lasraik likes this

New deck! Like jank? Fantastic! This is probably the jankiest deck on the channel so far. We're looking to cast a Combustible Gearhulk with a Panharmonicon in play to either combo off and get a Metalwork Colossus or 3 in play or just kill our opponent outright. Sound fun?

Combustible Colossus Deck Tech

Combustible Colossus Playlist

CCDT.thumb.jpg.5d98b4cadab4b78dbe0b112d50fe37ed.jpg

We're getting right back into Pauper with one of my favorite archetypes: Rakdos Control! We're basically looking to control the board with Terminate/Chainer's Edict while stripping our opponents hand away with Wrench Mind/Blightning, and thirsting on our opponents unhappiness. Yep, that's it.

Rakdos Control Deck Tech

Rakdos Control Playlist

RakdosControlDT.thumb.jpg.b6730daee62a019dea4902008f2e20c5.jpg

JesGolbez and Lasraik like this

It's time to get back into Modern, and it's about time I play a budget version of Affinity, am I right? This deck focuses on Affinity's aggressive early game and seeks to speed it up even more with the help of Ensoul Artifacts and Tezzeret's Touch.

Budget Affinity Deck Tech

Budget Affinity Playlist

5a8e04c6c1d6d_BudgetAffinityDT.thumb.jpg.5eb2eec484afd3a555dea6f419460612.jpg

Lasraik likes this

On 2/21/2018 at 4:46 PM, Affinity for MTG said:

It's time to get back into Modern, and it's about time I play a budget version of Affinity, am I right? This deck focuses on Affinity's aggressive early game and seeks to speed it up even more with the help of Ensoul Artifacts and Tezzeret's Touch.

Budget Affinity Deck Tech

Budget Affinity Playlist

5a8e04c6c1d6d_BudgetAffinityDT.thumb.jpg.5eb2eec484afd3a555dea6f419460612.jpg

Pretty impressed with this deck after the first match.  

First off, there is a new upload schedule for MTGO videos. Games will be released every 2-3 days after a new deck tech, instead of once per week, and we'll be getting through the entire series in 2 weeks (about 10 days, actually) instead of 5 week.

Also, new deck! We're going into jank territory with an Abzan Panharmonicon deck that's looking to get Panharmonicon in play and then double-up on life-draining effects. You'll have to check it out, it's pretty cool/dumb.

Abzan Panharmonicon Deck Tech

Abzan Panharmonicon Playlist

5ac1676935ad4_AbzanPanDT1.thumb.jpg.0fa6acfbdc24109e2dfe20546e59b304.jpg