Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Fun interactions with Solemnity

19 posts in this topic

I love Solemnity.  Ever since the card was spoiled I've been trying to think of goofy and awful ways to use the card in casual decks.  A fun interaction I saw floating around is using it with Phyrexian Unlife.

22.jpg18.jpg

Anyone have other fun interactions?

1 minute ago, Aurian said:

Anything with Vanishing. No vanishing counters = permanent. 

Yeah, but then it also works very well with a couple of cards that care about counters.
11.jpg.ab6c1e3285906f098ccc139f86a8eb74.jpg37.jpg.5049beb7e9042a11db7b0d86549f9ef4.jpg

When they die, you actually get the nice bonus. Combine Chronozoa, Solemnity, and a sacrifice outlet for infinite Chronzoas :)

Oooh, the Chronozoa seems fun.

I don't know if it'll be a "thing," but Chronozoa is sitting at .04 tickets on MTGO so I suppose it doesn't hurt to snap up a few now just in case. Maybe I'll give it a whirl on my channel, since Solemnity is only .91 and that's immediately after release. I imagine it will for sure drop over the next week or 2. Seems budget friendly and extremely janky, I'm in! :P

1 hour ago, Affinity for MTG said:

Oooh, the Chronozoa seems fun.

I don't know if it'll be a "thing," but Chronozoa is sitting at .04 tickets on MTGO so I suppose it doesn't hurt to snap up a few now just in case. Maybe I'll give it a whirl on my channel, since Solemnity is only .91 and that's immediately after release. I imagine it will for sure drop over the next week or 2. Seems budget friendly and extremely janky, I'm in! :P

Yeah, I know 3 card combos and everything, but Chronozoa, Solemnity and some sort of sac outlet could generate infinite Chronozoa's.  Find a way to give them haste or do it on opponents end step.... :)

23 minutes ago, MTGandME said:

Yeah, I know 3 card combos and everything, but Chronozoa, Solemnity and some sort of sac outlet could generate infinite Chronozoa's.  Find a way to give them haste or do it on opponents end step.... :)

Oops haha, this doesn't work exactly as they keep dying. :) Instead, you need to get something (4th card) that counts the death triggers or ETB triggers. 

2 minutes ago, MTGandME said:

Oops haha, this doesn't work exactly as they keep dying. :) Instead, you need to get something (4th card) that counts the death triggers or ETB triggers. 

How about 3 card Solemnity->Pious Evangel->Chronozoa? infinite life, 2 mana for infinite lifegain/lifeloss...

But wouldn't you have to be able to disrupt the cycle or it would be a forced draw, right?  By converting Pious Evangel, it will deal damage to opponent, breaking the cycle?

11 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Yeah, but then it also works very well with a couple of cards that care about counters.
11.jpg.ab6c1e3285906f098ccc139f86a8eb74.jpg37.jpg.5049beb7e9042a11db7b0d86549f9ef4.jpg

When they die, you actually get the nice bonus. Combine Chronozoa, Solemnity, and a sacrifice outlet for infinite Chronzoas :)

OMG I love this janky lil combo excuse while I step out to do some brewing....

6 hours ago, Temporal MTG said:

If players can't get counters, does this mean opponents can not draw their counterspells? 

No more control. Finished, Done.

You wish!

54 minutes ago, AlbyMTG said:

This exists, but you will probably lose all of your friends in the process.  Decree of Silence + Solemnity = Your opponent's literally can not cast any more spells for the rest of the game.

Image.ashx?multiverseid=46430&type=card

WHY would you do such an evil thing????

On 7/12/2017 at 10:57 AM, Lasraik said:

I love Solemnity.  Ever since the card was spoiled I've been trying to think of goofy and awful ways to use the card in casual decks.  A fun interaction I saw floating around is using it with Phyrexian Unlife.

22.jpg18.jpg

Well MTGGoldfish certainly showed that this will work.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/against-the-odds-solemnity-modern

On 7/13/2017 at 1:26 AM, AlbyMTG said:

This exists, but you will probably lose all of your friends in the process.  Decree of Silence + Solemnity = Your opponent's literally can not cast any more spells for the rest of the game.

Image.ashx?multiverseid=46430&type=card

Haha, that's great! Works with Force Bubble from the same set too. Basically "You can't take damage," and it's in mono-white.

Force Bubble

There are also lands that add depletion counters as a drawback that you could abuse in a deck with Solemnity. There was a dual-cycle in Ice Age that basically had Exert, for example.

Land Cap

Lasraik likes this

More janky goodness

5.jpg

On 7/12/2017 at 1:09 PM, JesGolbez said:

Can combo that with something like Blood Artist, Dictate of Erebos, Zulaport Cutthroat or Mortician Beetle.

81 (1).jpg126.jpg65.jpg78.jpg

On 7/12/2017 at 11:57 AM, Lasraik said:

22.jpg18.jpg

ooof this is wicked fun but wicked fragile...

Lasraik likes this

On 10/23/2017 at 7:10 PM, TheCandyMan said:

ooof this is wicked fun but wicked fragile...

Yeah if someone is playing red they will probably ruin your fun

TheCandyMan and ChuckWagonMTG like this