Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

2016 NBA Season Thread

58 posts in this topic

The NBA is garbage this year other than the Warriors mopping the floor with everyone.  Nobody in the East can stop them, nobody other than maybe the Spurs can stop them in the West.

So why not just hand them the trophy after the regular season and be done with it?

Playoffs are coming.

In the west, everyone is waiting for the Spurs and Warriors.

In the east, it is actually competitive from top to bottom.  However, I think the Cavs will make another run and will face the Spurs/Warriors winner.  Both are tough draws for the Cavs as they are 2 of the select few teams that have someone that can guard LeBron 1 on 1.

Not really.  I can't imagine he would do that given all that has happened.  Not sure what more he could want.  He's picked the coach, got all the players he wanted, and has pretty much the run of the place.  If he does, then so be it.  Love and Irving are locked in for 4 more years.

I don't think it will happen but I don't think it's impossible.  The race to beat the regular season record and not getting rest for their players might catch up to them.  That's a lot of weight for a team on such a long season.  Yeah, they are a young team but it could still come into play.  More people were talking about Kobe's last game than the Warriors.

Toronto might surprise people, but ultimately I think it will be another Cavs vs. Warriors Finals.  

Last nights Cavs game was a thing of beauty.  So much fun!  That first half was unbelievable ... 18 of 27 from 3 point range.  You could put them alone in the gym and they wouldn't hit that %.  25-25 over all for the game.

The Hawks twitter guy has a sense of humor.  Hope he didn't get him/her self fired.

6d19df90-1273-11e6-a272-bfd37aebc3a2_Scr

Edited by Dunnar
Lasraik likes this

I don't care if any of you don't care. This is awesome and I'm having a blast. 

The offense is sick right now.  61 3 pointers in 3 games. The Fry, Love, JR, Kyrie and James lineup was dam near unguardable.

I'm still not sure they can win it all, but they are peaking at the right time. 

Lasraik likes this

35 minutes ago, Dunnar said:

I don't care if any of you don't care. This is awesome and I'm having a blast. 

The offense is sick right now.  61 3 pointers in 3 games. The Fry, Love, JR, Kyrie and James lineup was dam near unguardable.

I'm still not sure they can win it all, but they are peaking at the right time. 

lol

I just haven't really gotten into the NBA this year.  I don't see anyone beating the Warriors, with or without Curry.  I hope the Cavs do it though, would be nice to see them get a title.

We're in big trouble now.

All the bad habits are back. We're back to standing around, watching KI or LeBron dribble out the clock. Meanwhile the Warriors are clicking on all cylinders. 

Cavs might win 1 game. No shot at winning the series. (4 of next 5).

They did the same thing last year.  LeBron brings the ball down the court, isolates and everyone else clears out and stares.  Then he dribbles and either forces a shot or passes with 3-4 seconds left on the shot clock and they force a shot.  

Lots of standing around on offense and defense.  Four Cavs watching one GS player get a rebound and put back then looking at each other.  Its almost like they are tired or (hate to use this cliche) dont want it as bad.  

Kyrie and LeBron get the ball and they force it.  When I think LeBron is going to take over he fades into the background.  

I feel for Cavs fans.  They have to trade away and rebuild that roster.  Get a strong coach that knows offense.

I haven't heard that and don't think that's the case. We dominate our conference so we have a shot for the forseeable future. 

The Warriors are a generational team that is just better.

On a side note, the officiating has been atrocious throughout the playoffs. I'm all for letting them play, but you can't let people get mugged.