Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

2016 NBA Season Thread

58 posts in this topic

Hmm, I thought by now the GM (LeBron) would be getting potential deals to deal Love and Kyrie for other pieces or cap space.  :lol:

Kyrie took over.  Not sure why he deferred to LeBron, who mostly disappeared in the last few minutes or so.  The offense runs so much smoother when Kyrie or someone other than LeBron brings the ball up.  

I would like to see one more win out of Cleveland.  Then a lead going into the final quarter.  This way, even the most pragmatic of Cleveland's fans start to hope.  Then I would like to see Cleveland lose, so the fans can cry themselves to sleep until Football season.

Lasraik likes this

16 minutes ago, Jag said:

I would like to see one more win out of Cleveland.  Then a lead going into the final quarter.  This way, even the most pragmatic of Cleveland's fans start to hope.  Then I would like to see Cleveland lose, so the fans can cry themselves to sleep until Football season.

The Indians are in first place.  Browns have no chance

19 hours ago, Jag said:

Until or during football season?

On 6/14/2016 at 3:21 PM, Jag said:

You may get your wish.  There is a glimmer.

On 6/15/2016 at 9:17 AM, Lasraik said:

Until or during football season?

Until.  When the season starts they will fill their empty heads with training camp propaganda and media fulled empty promises.  It won't be until week 3 or 4, when all hope is lost, that they begin crying themselves to sleep again.

5 hours ago, Jag said:

Until.  When the season starts they will fill their empty heads with training camp propaganda and media fulled empty promises.  It won't be until week 3 or 4, when all hope is lost, that they begin crying themselves to sleep again.

RG3 is the future!

17 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

RG3 is the future!

I have no delusions of grandeur when it comes to the Browns.  I'm hoping Kessler beats him out.  But if we get the RG3 of his rookie season and he is durable, I'm good.

Anything more than 4 wins is gravy.  As long as they win when I am in Vegas ... money line bet.

3-1 deficit, to the defending Champs, who haven't lost 3 in a row in 3 years, led by the 2 time MVP, who don't lose at home, who won a record 73 games, with a 52 year championship drought, on father's day

WOW!!!

Edited by Dunnar

22 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

Has that ever happened before in the NBA?

I suppose Cleveland deserves *something* good once in awhile :P

No team has ever come back from a 3-1 deficit in the Finals.  I think only 2 teams ever forced a game 7.  Add that to the Warriors breaking the single season record on wins and it's pretty amazing

NBA free agency has started, and teams are spending a ton of money.  There are some insane contracts being signed, and for a league as popular as the NBA (not nearly at the top of the list in popularity) I'm surprised.

I had to google some of these names because I had no idea who they were.  B and C level players getting max contracts

We all knew this was coming. Product of the new tv deal.

Good for players. Im happy for them.

The talent in the NBA is pretty bad.  There's a top 10 or so players that are elite and the rest are average on most nights.

9 hours ago, Lasraik said:

The talent in the NBA is pretty bad.  There's a top 10 or so players that are elite and the rest are average on most nights.

I think the opposite. There's no really good big men, but the 1-4 positions are off the charts. Look at the athleticism, even a bottom of the bench scrub is super athletic. 

Take an Iman Shumpert,  he's a Cavs bench guy. Can defend, decent shot. Put him in the game 20 years ago.  He would be sick. Stick Stockton in today's game. Not sure he could defend the guys now. Curry, Irving, Westbrook, CP, Lillard, Teague, Parker ... I think they would eat him up.

That's apples to oranges, though.  The NBA has changed from what used to be you can't win anything without a dominant center to now they are a liability.  Especially with teams like the Warriors who now have probably the best starting 5 ever with Durant.  They will chew the big guys up.  You need athletic big men like Aldridge who can run the floor.  It's a different game now.

None of the guys who signed other than Durant will take a team to the next level.  Mike Connelly who averaged 13 points and 6 assists a game got 153 million for 5 years.  Dellavedova (who couldn't get off the bench in the Finals) got 40 million for 3 years.  Noah got $72 million for 4 years, and averaged a whopping 4 points, 8 rebounds and 1 block a game.  

Five or ten years ago these would be role players. 

Cavs got Deron Williams and are supposedly getting Bogut.  Love and JR are on the horizon.  KD has a boo-boo.

Giddy up!

Lasraik likes this

Anything the Cavs do is to make LeBron stop crying.  Damn he complains a lot.

hqdefault.jpg

Look who made it through round one unscathed ... Cavs and Warriors.

Every other team is in a tussle, except for maybe Houston.

Lasraik likes this

On 4/25/2017 at 5:33 AM, Dunnar said:

Look who made it through round one unscathed ... Cavs and Warriors.

Every other team is in a tussle, except for maybe Houston.

Cavs and Warriors are far and away the favorites again this year.  They should just skip all the unnecessary games and throw them in the Finals.  The gap between the good teams (2-4) and bad teams (everyone else) is so wide in the NBA

Hard to believe the Cavs and Raptors had the same record.  

Adios Raptors ...

srb5k.jpg

2 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Hard to believe the Cavs and Raptors had the same record.  

Adios Raptors ...

srb5k.jpg

More proof that the NBA is a star-driven sport, and having the best 1-2 players trumps all. What a boring sport *yawn*

As for the Raptors, "We the North" is the dumbest slogan I've heard since "I'm with her!" :D