And The Geek Shall

What are the games that you're currenty playing?

81 posts in this topic

Thought I'd start a topic that we can hopefully pin to this part of the forum, where people share what are the games they are currently playing, what they think of them & if they recommend them to others.

To kick off:

Am currently playing Splatoon 2 on the Nintendo Switch.

It's a quick, fun take on the multiplayer shooter genre, where you play as an Inkling & you have to cover an arena in as much of your team's colour ink within 3 minutes, whilst battling a rival team who keep trying to cover your ink & territory in their colour. It's fun, silly and fast but has a lot of depth involved with how you go about your goal. The lack of in game chat options both helps & hinders the game but not as much as having to use a special app & device in order to chat with friends on your own team.

Am also playing Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age on the PS4.

FF12 is one of my favourite Final Fantasy games because of how it tried to change up so much, making it more akin to FF11 & other MMORPGs of the time. The gambit system and real time battles makes the formula completely different from the previous turn based battles that made the series famous. The remastering makes an already pretty game gorgeous, as does the full re-recording of the soundtrack with a new orchestal music & 7.1 surround sound. Pretty how how a remastering should be done.

Lasraik likes this

I am currently playing League of Legends and PUBG as multiplayer games.

As far as single player games I am playing the Crash Bandicoot reboots, just picked them up recently.

I have a ton of games for my PS4 and Steam that I always leave unfinished because I am pretty much always playing multiplayer games with friends. Every so often I hop on MGS: Phantom Pain, but I really need to finish some games lol

And The Geek Shall likes this

45 minutes ago, ComputerizedMTG said:

Back in my middleschool days I used to be HOOKED on Tekken 3, and have been thinking about picking up Tekken 7 out of nostalgia. Have you heard good things about it?

Yeah, a lot better than the last two games.

Still has a limited story but the game play is solid as ever.

ComputerizedMTG likes this

Currently playing: Final Fantasy XV - was waiting to play it until a bunch of fix patches came along. Just started, still in the first desert area. Already hit two glitches so hoping that isn't the norm...

on deck - 

• Horizon Zero Dawn (after watching @JesGolbezplaying, I wanna play too!)
  • Nier Automata

would like:

• to find a damn Switch that scalpers didn't slap an extra $200 on the price. Looking at Canadian stores and such of course, but whenever any come into stock they get sold out within minutes then posted online for jacked up prices. It's been out since March so to have this continue 4-5 months after launch is ridiculous. 

Trying to get great games running on the Occulus Rift. Finding it harder than i thought. Have been trying Rise of the Tomb Raider and failing. Waiting to try the Rift with Skyrim, Witcher 3 and Fallout 4.

Actually playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's looks Jaw dropping in 3440x1440 and on surround headphones. Enjoying the shit out of playing it in a very detailed way.

17 hours ago, Aurian said:

I love my Vita. New release game or older one?

17 hours ago, And The Geek Shall said:

I still play stuff on my Vita. Mainly Visual Novels & J-RPGs.

Ha! I'm shocked to find others who own them, thought I was the only one.  I'm currently grinding on Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart because I can be an obsessive completionist at times. After that I'll be playing a digital copy of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, which I've never played, so looking forward to that. :)

And The Geek Shall likes this

10 minutes ago, Affinity for MTG said:

Ha! I'm shocked to find others who own them, thought I was the only one.  I'm currently grinding on Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart because I can be an obsessive completionist at times. After that I'll be playing a digital copy of Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, which I've never played, so looking forward to that. :)

I played the original PSP for years, it was a great console.  Came in handy when I did a lot of business travel.  Never did pick up a Vita, the games weren't all that exciting or at least exciting enough to pick one up.  

The cost of the memory cards was also an issue as it limited any download only games you might buy. I tend to buy all physical copies where I can so that hasn't hampered me. 

I do do like it for visual novels which is one of the few things that still comes over for the Vita and doesn't seem to show up on any other console. 

Just wish it was more more supported because I love playing on it. 

On 7/24/2017 at 5:33 PM, Affinity for MTG said:

Yeah, I think that was the issue, it fell into this perpetual loop where people weren't buying it because there weren't enough games, and developers wouldn't make games for it because there weren't enough players. The console itself was/is amazing, in my opinion. :)

You are right, I'm guilty of being in that group :( 

4 hours ago, Lasraik said:

You are right, I'm guilty of being in that group :( 

Haha, that's okay, the vast majority of the gaming community are there along with you. :P

I've logged hundreds of hours on the thing, though at this point most of the good digital games have been ported to the PS3/PS4, so unless you are REALLY into JRPG imports that you can't get on the console, there isn't a ton of unique stuff for it. *shrug*