And The Geek Shall

What are the games that you're currenty playing?

105 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've started Hitman2. From the small amount of gameplay i've seen, it seemed like my kind of thing. I like the outwardly non rushed pace. Somewhat stealthy, although not as stealthy as you might think. Takes a lot of keys to control, and mostly for no really good reason. Sloppy porting???

Graphically, it's as slick as you'd like on a GTX 1080, although , so far, the design and quality, is a little cartoony and 5 years ago. I think i'll persist for a bit longer.

Has anyone else played, or have a view?

Edited by Pasanda

2 hours ago, Pasanda said:

So yeah. Enjoyed SotTR quite a bit. The balance of main quest and side quests felt about right. I still had a few minor quests left before i decided to head for the home straight. It could have ended more epic-ly i guess, but it was warm and fine as it was.

Overall, the game felt less on rails than the previous two. I think this was probably because each of the main settings we a fair bit larger and had more quests emanating from them.

I didn't like the end-boss fight as it just felt a bit like a choreographed dance. It was hard, but for the wrong reasons.

They had fewer of the high-paced rush scenes, where you ARE on a thin path and you can't stop or divert from. One in particular was just stupid and involved a mud slide and volcano eruption nearby the main village, which causes utter devastation to all the land around during the 45 seconds of the sequence, then completely disappears from existence and history once the scene has finished. You'd never have known it had happened. Just sloppy direction.

I'd wait for 9.99 (GBP) and doubt you'd be disappointed - especially if you like any of the other two, or Lara's butt.

Hide contents

Jonah neither dies nor shags her.

Regarding the spoiler, damn I'm amazed I was wrong. Unless its been revealed Lara is a lesbian now? Because I can totally see them doing that because it seems to be the cool thing to do now.

I got Devil May Cry 5 for my birthday. Never played the first 4. Easy to get into...a campy hack-and-slash game. Pretty fun so far. 

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

...a campy hack-and-slash game. Pretty fun so far. 

Best description of a game EVAH!!!

Never had the slightest inclination to play it. Until now.

Edited by Pasanda
JesGolbez likes this