Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Modern: 8 Whack

7 posts in this topic

MTG Goldfish

8-7-2017 11-43-42 AM.png

I feel most comfortable playing aggressive fast decks like this.  I'm trying to build a deck for each format and this will be my Modern deck.  I've already started getting pieces for this deck, but I'll be changing the list a little bit.  Thinking about running a playset of Leyline of Punishment and Vexing Devil.

On 8/7/2017 at 2:46 PM, MTGZuby said:

This looks weak. You want something fun? Play this:

https://deckbox.org/sets/1448798

I thought about your list as I was getting some of these cards

Temporal Magic likes this

On 12/5/2017 at 0:07 PM, Lasraik said:

@AlbyMTG is your 8 Rack deck you played with recently similar to this list?

Nope.  Not even close.

8 Rack is a mono black discard based deck that gets your opponent to have as few cards in hand as possible.  It then uses The Rack and Shrieking Affliction to punish your opponent for having such few cards in their hand.  The name 8 Rack comes from the idea that you are playing 8 Rack-like effects (4 The Rack and 4 Shrieking Affliction).

8 Whack just copies the name of 8 Rack because it rhymes and you are playing 8 Whacker-like effects (4 Goblin Bushwacker and 4 Reckless Bushwacker).

2 minutes ago, AlbyMTG said:

Nope.  Not even close.

8 Rack is a mono black discard based deck that gets your opponent to have as few cards in hand as possible.  It then uses The Rack and Shrieking Affliction to punish your opponent for having such few cards in their hand.  The name 8 Rack comes from the idea that you are playing 8 Rack-like effects (4 The Rack and 4 Shrieking Affliction).

8 Whack just copies the name of 8 Rack because it rhymes and you are playing 8 Whacker-like effects (4 Goblin Bushwacker and 4 Reckless Bushwacker).

I totally misread your tweet, thought you were playing 8 Whack, not Rack :D Can you post your 8 Rack deck list for us in another thread please?

1 minute ago, Lasraik said:

I totally misread your tweet, thought you were playing 8 Whack, not Rack :D Can you post your 8 Rack deck list for us in another thread please?

Will do.  I have a lot of plans that involve this deck for when I get to make YouTube come back after finals week is done. Finals week is next week by the way, so big things to come very soon.  I'm excited.