Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Magonista66

Cave Meta

39 posts in this topic

I ended up playing Standard today so the Showdown could fire. I know there was a Tron deck, Burn deck, Izzet Delver, and Rakdos Exhume deck. Don't know what the other decks were. It's always an interesting blend between more and less competitive personalities and I think many places have some of that.

I hope to play Pauper next week. If not, at least I know I can come in 3rd for the Showdown. :)

Lasraik and ChuckWagonMTG like this

Tron player here. There were two other Kiln Fiend decks besides the one you mentioned (which I know because I played against all 3 in a row x_x), as well as Affinity. My list was fairly stock Murasa Tron, with a lot of Hydroblasts and Moment's Peaces in the sideboard in anticipation of Izzet Blitz. I also was trying out a single Dinrova Horror in the maindeck, which worked out very well.

I completely forgot that you had asked everyone to record their decks after the fact, so I made an account here to rectify that XD

On 8/13/2017 at 9:47 PM, Othesemo said:

Tron player here. There were two other Kiln Fiend decks besides the one you mentioned (which I know because I played against all 3 in a row x_x), as well as Affinity. My list was fairly stock Murasa Tron, with a lot of Hydroblasts and Moment's Peaces in the sideboard in anticipation of Izzet Blitz. I also was trying out a single Dinrova Horror in the maindeck, which worked out very well.

I completely forgot that you had asked everyone to record their decks after the fact, so I made an account here to rectify that XD

Thanks, and good job on taking first. I'm pretty sure I know who this is. ;) 

Lasraik likes this

Pauper didn't fire yesterday. I'm trying to decide if I should buy into a couple of Tier 1 decks to have options, or proxy up stuff and try to remember to change out cards before Sunday tournaments. It is fun figuring this out for 3 of us! :o

I have a mini-gauntlet of decks, some brews and a couple of Tier 1 decks. I think you two have seen most of it. :D

26 minutes ago, Magonista66 said:

Pauper didn't fire yesterday. I'm trying to decide if I should buy into a couple of Tier 1 decks to have options, or proxy up stuff and try to remember to change out cards before Sunday tournaments. It is fun figuring this out for 3 of us! :o

I have a mini-gauntlet of decks, some brews and a couple of Tier 1 decks. I think you two have seen most of it. :D

Tier 1 Standard?  

Was bummed about Pauper not firing yesterday, I have a couple more weeks until my daughters dance class starts on Sundays so I'll be out for a couple months until it's over.

25 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

Tier 1 Standard?  

Was bummed about Pauper not firing yesterday, I have a couple more weeks until my daughters dance class starts on Sundays so I'll be out for a couple months until it's over.

Hopefully we can get those next two weeks to fire! I'll do my best to get our 3 players there.

Lasraik likes this

19 hours ago, Magonista66 said:

Hopefully we can get those next two weeks to fire! I'll do my best to get our 3 players there.

Without Standard Showdown I think we'll be fine.  It was kinda fun having so many players and both tournaments going at the same time, probably not so much for Peter (I think that's his name) to manage both

Magonista66 likes this

Two weeks in a row that Izzet Blitz got me.  Some misplays with Vines of Vastwood potentially cost me the first game, and when I tried to Fog a 26/26 Cyclops it was Dispeled.  Still a good time though, I appreciate good game play even if it's against me.  Always learn something and add to your bag of tricks, and unfortunately my bag is pretty empty :D 

JesGolbez, Magonista66 and Othesemo like this

23 hours ago, Othesemo said:

I played Kuldotha Boros this week. The other decks I saw were UR Burn, RDW, Izzet Blitz, UB Alchemy, and I think some sort of UG Energy deck.

A lot of regulars this time around, so most of the decks were familiar. Looking forward to next week!

UG Energy is something I've thought about, was it a aggro/creature build from what you saw?

Magonista66 likes this