Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Pauper: Mono Green Aggro

7 posts in this topic

I needed a new Pauper deck to play, and I feel most comfortable playing aggro decks.  Looked over a few lists but I don't want to just put the same cards together that we've seen over and over.  Instead I looked through my (many) boxes of cards and pulled some creatures out.  Thought of it almost like a challenge to make something that will compete without using the cards everyone else uses.

This is what I have so far, looking for feedback on this list.  My goal is to come out fast and beat face with 1 CC creatures and pump spells.  Later in the game I have a couple bigger bodies to finish with.  I expect Spire Tracer to get some action and hopefully Scythe Tiger turn one.

8-16-2017 12-16-11 PM.png

Blue is popular in my meta so I tossed in Lurking Crocodile, Kessig Recluse and Plummet in the side board for those match ups.  I tossed around the idea of using green creatures from Kaladesh and use energy but I'm planning on going all in on energy and making another deck with those.  

I like the idea, but a few thoughts

1. Dawntreader Elk is kinda slow, and you don't really need the mana ramp.

2. I like the Scythe Tigers.

3. Sedge Scorpion is cool, but maybe also kinda slow? I mean, 1 damage a turn isn't doing much

4. I don't think you want to spend time on mana ramp when your curve is so low. Instead of Cultivate, do you have any Ambuscades? 

Lasraik likes this

On 8/17/2017 at 10:06 AM, JesGolbez said:

I like the idea, but a few thoughts

1. Dawntreader Elk is kinda slow, and you don't really need the mana ramp.

2. I like the Scythe Tigers.

3. Sedge Scorpion is cool, but maybe also kinda slow? I mean, 1 damage a turn isn't doing much

4. I don't think you want to spend time on mana ramp when your curve is so low. Instead of Cultivate, do you have any Ambuscades? 

Some good points, I ordered a play set of Harvest Wurm's to offset some of the lands I'll lose with Scythe Tiger.  And you're right about the ramp I don't really need it.  

I have a play set of Ambuscades.  Trying to think of other creatures I could add in for cheap that aren't by the numbers

I, personally, would do something like:

-1 Vulpine Goliath, -1 Stomper Cub, -1 Nylea's Disciple (It's really good in Sideboard though against burn!)

+3 Imperiosaur.

It's a bit expensive for an all-in aggro deck, but it's certainly more agressive than the Goliath/Cub. Unless you really need those for token decks or something.

Imperiosaur

JesGolbez and Lasraik like this

On 8/23/2017 at 9:44 AM, Affinity for MTG said:

I, personally, would do something like:

-1 Vulpine Goliath, -1 Stomper Cub, -1 Nylea's Disciple (It's really good in Sideboard though against burn!)

+3 Imperiosaur.

It's a bit expensive for an all-in aggro deck, but it's certainly more agressive than the Goliath/Cub. Unless you really need those for token decks or something.

Imperiosaur

On 8/23/2017 at 10:18 AM, Affinity for MTG said:

Also just noticed, replace Oakenform with Elephant Guide, because it's strictly better. :)

Oakenform  Elephant Guide

Nice upgrades!  I have a bad habit of wanting to build a deck in a week and ordering cards, then getting said cards either the day before or after and briefly flipping through the deck at work the night before then getting crushed at the weekly tournament :wacko:

I was going to tear this deck apart but I like these suggestions, I'll make some adjustments and try again.

JesGolbez likes this