Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTGandME

MTGandME is going to HasCon! Looking for suggestions

14 posts in this topic

Alright everybody,

We're going to HasCon next month!  Julia (my wife) and I are actually taking a week off to visit some sights in the NE united states, and I'm hoping to do some 'Road to HasCon' quick content along the way.  My current ideas are to do a quick visit to some of the LGSes along the way, maybe profile them a bit, maybe check out craigslist for some random buys, etc.  Once we get to HasCon, I'm currently scheduled to do two Iconic Masters sealed events and two of the flashback chaos drafts.

I'm really excited to be going, but I guess I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas for content they might like to see, either on the way to the convention, or from the convention?

Also, if anyone has other suggestions for non-magic related stuff we can do along the way, that would be great too! We're basically planning to go through eastern NY state, up through Vermont (want to visit Ben and Jerry's), then spend a couple days in Conneticut and Rhode Island before heading home.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, Breakfast with Nerds said:

That sounds awesome!!! Can't wait to see it.  Love the idea for LGS profiles.  Bonus points if you can hit one on a busy night. 

Yeah, it would be really nice to be able to time it that way.   I've started doing research on the actual route and we'll see how it works out. :)

1 hour ago, rainman said:

First suggestion, don't buy the HasCon promo cards, your money will be much better spent on almost anything else on the trip

Hey rainman, 

I heard they might be around $30 bucks, which actually seems reasonable for what they are. I really like Sword of Dungeons & Dragons and if the set is at $30, I'll probably buy it anyway :)

rainman likes this

3 hours ago, MTGandME said:

Hey rainman, 

I heard they might be around $30 bucks, which actually seems reasonable for what they are. I really like Sword of Dungeons & Dragons and if the set is at $30, I'll probably buy it anyway :)

Sure, $30 is not too bad a price I guess

9 hours ago, Breakfast with Nerds said:

That sounds awesome!!! Can't wait to see it.  Love the idea for LGS profiles.  Bonus points if you can hit one on a busy night. 

6 hours ago, MTGandME said:

Yeah, it would be really nice to be able to time it that way.   I've started doing research on the actual route and we'll see how it works out. :)

The FNM Promo next month is Fatal Push.  Every LGS in the world is going to full next month if you go on a Friday.

7 hours ago, Orcs Head Magic (Jordan) said:

VLOG IT!!!! Dying to see what its like!

Definitely taking footage at HasCon.  Julia's going to be there for 1 day with me too so I'll get her to take some footage as well.

On 8/26/2017 at 6:35 AM, MTGandME said:

Alright everybody,

We're going to HasCon next month!  Julia (my wife) and I are actually taking a week off to visit some sights in the NE united states, and I'm hoping to do some 'Road to HasCon' quick content along the way.  My current ideas are to do a quick visit to some of the LGSes along the way, maybe profile them a bit, maybe check out craigslist for some random buys, etc.  Once we get to HasCon, I'm currently scheduled to do two Iconic Masters sealed events and two of the flashback chaos drafts.

I'm really excited to be going, but I guess I was wondering if anyone has any other ideas for content they might like to see, either on the way to the convention, or from the convention?

Also, if anyone has other suggestions for non-magic related stuff we can do along the way, that would be great too! We're basically planning to go through eastern NY state, up through Vermont (want to visit Ben and Jerry's), then spend a couple days in Conneticut and Rhode Island before heading home.

Cheers!

Damn, we know who is rich here :)

Be sure to post lots of pictures, if possible!

10 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Damn, we know who is rich here :)

Be sure to post lots of pictures, if possible!

Haha, rich, no... Though it helps to have been married for 20 years, in a stable relationship with a steady job.   And no kids. :P