Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

NFL 2017 Season Thread

65 posts in this topic

24 hours ago all the "experts":  The Patriots are a lock to win the Super Bowl and they are going to run the table in the regular season.  16-0 nobody can stop them!!

This morning: The Patriots have real problems!  Only one team that lost the first game has gone on to win the Super Bow, it's OVER!!!!11!!!

Dunnar likes this

The Browns lost ... what else is new, right?

But I was very encouraged.  This team went toe to toe with the Squeelers.  The D might be pretty good.  Will be even better when Myles gets back.  And Kizer, he made some rookie mistakes, but I thought he looked like a real, genuine NFL quarterback.  Not something we have seen in these parts for a very long time.

Strange, but I noticed that several teams have some very bad offensive lines.  Colts, Giants, Bengals, Seahawks, Texans off the top of my head.  Going to be very hard to do anything without the guys up front.  Don't remember so many teams having such bad lines.

On 10/6/2017 at 11:34 AM, Jag said:

I am excited to see our new QB on Monday.  I am glad they benched that red giraffe.  He was terrible.

The Dolphins are terrible, Cutler is not the only problem, but he sure isn't helping things.

C'mon Jag, Cutler is terrible.  He's not on the Bears so you can stop defending him.  

8 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Browns are 0-5 and just played their 3rd of 3 "winnable" games.

Going to be a very long year.  I honestly don't know what you do.  They can't blow things up every 2 years and expect to get anywhere.

At 0-5 might as well root for them to run the table in reverse and go 0-16.  Get the number one pick and rebuild another year :( 

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

At 0-5 might as well root for them to run the table in reverse and go 0-16.  Get the number one pick and rebuild another year :( 

You see, the problem with that is the browns have been going 0-16 (or nearly so) for the past 10 years and that whole "rebuilding year" thing hasn't worked out so well.  Literally the last time they had a winning record was 2007.  Heck, they've only had 3 winning seasons since 1990!  It's funny though, despite being so bad, Ohio is FILLED with Browns fans. I'd be curious how their merchandise sales compare to more successful teams, actually... :)

The ratings might be down a bit, but not enough to really matter. the whole plummeting ratings thing is media spin.  More news about how the nation is divided and we need a democrat in office to save us all.  Empty hype IMO.  Stadiums would have trouble selling tickets long before tv ratings became an issue.

2 hours ago, Jag said:

The ratings might be down a bit, but not enough to really matter. the whole plummeting ratings thing is media spin.  More news about how the nation is divided and we need a democrat in office to save us all.  Empty hype IMO.  Stadiums would have trouble selling tickets long before tv ratings became an issue.

Don't disagree.

But the video is nothing about that.  Its more about Rodger and what a complete incompetent dope he is.

On 10/23/2017 at 10:06 AM, Jag said:

I know a few people who are long time NFL fans that cancelled their Sunday Ticket subscription or flat out refuse to watch games because of the anthem protests.  

I don't allow my decisions to be affected by a few black kids seeking attention.  I ignore them, not give credence to their cause by supporting them.  IMO a cancelled sub or deviation from normal behavior only feeds into the attention seeking behavior.

As far as Sunday ticket goes, it is highway robbery.  Screw the NFL, their merchandising, their ticket prices, and their platform.  I happily watch for free on reddit.

2 hours ago, Jag said:

The Browns 2018 draft they are currently scheduled to pick 1st, 7th, 33rd, 39th, 64th, 65th, as well as having 2 picks in each of the 4th, 5th, and 6th rounds.

That is a TON of draft power.  Crazy.

I know.  Even though they suck, I agree with their approach.  Not sure they should keep the coach, but whatever.  Hope they don't blow the whole thing up again.  Seems to take an organization a few years to get things the way you want them.

Imagine if they backed up a Brinks truck to sign Kirk Cousins.  Then filled in with talent from the draft, plus what they already drafted.

Or sign AJ McCarron and draft a QB #1 overall.  Let AJ, Kizer and Darnold battle it out.  Get some WRs and other play makers.  Mix in what they already have and they could start to be competitive.

And the obvious ... they need to start hitting on their picks.

Even though they keep losing, the Browns look like they're getting better and not quitting.  The Bears look like they might have a potential starting QB.  The Bills are in shambles and are probably one of the worst teams in the league right now.

On 11/21/2017 at 10:53 AM, Jag said:

I was so happy the Bears fired that kicker.   Even though we are losing it is fun to watch my team.  Already looking forward to next year sucks when is  only 1/2 into the season though.  Eagles going to kill us next week.

What are your opinions on John Fox?  Should he stick around or get fired?

Goodell signs $200 million extension

I will never understand how this DOPE got that much money.  He has already made $213 million.  No player has earned more than him.

JT.jpg.5bac14f3fae1704bd9e1c9f07a49f30c.jpg

JT1.jpg.12ee76aa68bef996746b64fc1045e3e7.jpg

Who were they bidding against?  They couldn't find anyone else that might do a better job?  For cheaper?  Why now when he has 18 months left on his current deal?

What has he done (positive) that someone else might not have done?  Would the league not make as much money without him?

I cannot find any rational explanation for this.  He is a complete buffoon.

Edited by Dunnar