Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

NFL 2017 Season Thread

65 posts in this topic

Good luck next year Eagles.  That sucks because that was a dam good football team.

Wentz won titles, he beat D1 teams, has a photographic memory, size, speed, arm strength ... The more I learn about him, the more I see of him, I will never ever ever ever understand how the Browns passed on him.

Edit: Jacksonville's win total in prior years.  3-5-3-4-2-5.  Funny how the right leadership at the top can translate to wins on the field, and quickly.  I'm sure Hue is the right man for the Browns ... 1-28 and perfection is still in play.

Edited by Dunnar
Lasraik likes this

Prediction: Nick Foles is going to pull a Jeff Hostetler, take the Eagles to the Super Bowl and win.

15 minutes ago, Jag said:

I was happy to see a different Bears team.  I hope none of this saves Fox.

That's the part of rooting for a bad team.  You want them to succeed but not too much that they don't make sweeping changes.

As the Browns season progressed, I saw 4 possibilities.  Fire GM and Coach, fire Coach only, fire GM only, keep both.  Of the 4, the worst was fire the GM and keep the coach.

If the Browns keep 1-29 Hue for another year, I will look for a new team.

I could see keeping the GM.  He was on a 5 year plan, gutted the organization of bad contracts, they are now flush with cap space and have a haul of draft picks.  But to keep Hue ... I cannot stomach watching him anymore and I really don't know what else there is to see. 

In all honesty, with my complete lack of any football coaching knowledge ... I could have coached that team to the same record ... or better.

Edited by Dunnar

23 hours ago, Jag said:

When you guys beat the bears this weekend, doubling your win total, Hue will stay.

I am openly rooting for the Bears. Hue is a piece of garbage. Im for whatever it takes to get rid of this guy.

They have to fire Hue if he runs the table in the reverse and goes 0 - 16... right?

Browns 2018 Schedule:

Home games: *Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, *Chiefs, Chargers, *Falcons, *Panthers and Jets.

Away games: *Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, Denver, Oakland, *New Orleans and Houston.

Hue Jackson returns as coach.

That is a brutal schedule filled with playoff teams, close playoff teams, and teams thought to make the playoffs.  They may run the table again.

Edited by Dunnar

Oh man.  That schedule does look tough.  The Bears ended the year with the NFL's toughest schedule, it was not that fun.  Next year we play the same schedule we played in 2006...when we lost the Suberbowl to the Colts.  Of course this means we are going to lose the Superbowl again.  Getting there will be a lot of fun though.

6 hours ago, Dunnar said:

Browns 2018 Schedule:

Home games: *Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, *Chiefs, Chargers, *Falcons, *Panthers and Jets.

Away games: *Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Tampa Bay, Denver, Oakland, *New Orleans and Houston.

Hue Jackson returns as coach.

That is a brutal schedule filled with playoff teams, close playoff teams, and teams thought to make the playoffs.  They may run the table again.

I don't understand how a team that goes 0-16 keeps their coach

1 hour ago, Lasraik said:

I don't understand how a team that goes 0-16 keeps their coach

Not just that, but 1-31 over 2 years.  That is NFL all time record bad.  Here is to next year 1-47.  Poor Browns fans.

1 hour ago, Jag said:

Not just that, but 1-31 over 2 years.  That is NFL all time record bad.  Here is to next year 1-47.  Poor Browns fans.

Living in Cleveland is torture enough, isn't it? :)

We got our new head coach.  Matt Nagy.  He used to coach the Browns when they would get 7 wins a season.

I predict he will either be the best head coach in team history, the worst coach in team history, or somewhere in between.

On 1/8/2018 at 2:24 PM, Jag said:

We got our new head coach.  Matt Nagy.  He used to coach the Browns when they would get 7 wins a season.

I predict he will either be the best head coach in team history, the worst coach in team history, or somewhere in between.

That's a bold prediction

14 hours ago, Elovia said:

So ... how are the New England Patriots going to cheat the Philadelphia Eagles out of this year's Superbowl?

/stirs pot

They will find a way I'm sure.  If not the refs will pitch in to finish it.