Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Elovia

Divinity: Original Sin II

6 posts in this topic

The 1st one is still fun.  I am forcing myself to finish it before getting the second.  So....might be 20 years or so.

Never even heard of these games until I found out this new one has a Game master mode allowing you to create a campaign. It sounds really fun but ultimately time consuming.

I want to get it, I never finished the first one but that was partly because I wanted to play through with a friend and it was getting the time together.  This one looks better too.

Time to dust off this thread!

Just started this week, and the game is really well done, and really fun.  Builds are endless, especially with mods.  The world is interesting with lots of secrets and relatively open.  It's about what you would expect for the sequel.

I decided not to make the mistake I made in the 1st one and wait for people, so I am just enjoying it myself 1st!  I am playing a side game multiplayer, but its well behind at this point.

We have played a bit with the GM mode, and it's really fun.  They made a design decision to make the game work over LAN with only one copy and I LOVE THAT!  So my kid is bringing over his D and D group to play this weekend.  I will let you know how it goes.  4 computers around a table should allow for all the same table talk.

Elovia and Jazz like this

Posted (edited)

I still have this on my wishlist over at GoG.  I see they have a couple of DLCs to go with now, too.  Great to hear it is enjoyable.  I've been a fan of the Divinity series since I played Divinity II - Developer's Cut - through all the way to the end (an extremely rare event for me).

I don't remember if I gave the first one (Divinity: Original Sin) a fair shot, or if I dropped it in favor of a new and shiny distraction.  For some reason I have D:OS confused in my mind with Pillars of Eternity (also the first of that series).  When I get a lull in my gaming calendar, I'll fire it up again to remember why I stopped.  If I remember to, that is..

Edited by Elovia