Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Will Iconic Masters give Legacy a boost?

8 posts in this topic

Back when Eternal Masters was released, it seemed like Legacy got a little bump.  It's still a hard format to enter because of price, but the reprints helped.  

Had some hopes that Iconic Masters would do the same, but after looking through the spoilers I don't see that many reprints that will help Legacy players.  Am I missing reprints that are badly needed?

19 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Nope, this will help Modern more than Legacy

Want to help Legacy? Abolish the Reserve List :/ 

Or just take the dual lands off the list and reprint them with new art. The black bordered versions from Alpha/Beta will keep most of their value, the people worst affected will be those that have been hoarding Revised copies.

There are only a handful of other Reserved List cards that get a lot of play in Legacy and cost anywhere near as much as the duals (Tabernacle is super expensive but is a 1-of in 1 deck) and making the mana base cheaper will make most of the 3 or 4 colour good stuff decks that make up the more competitive end of the format as affordable as Modern

Lasraik likes this

20 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Nope, this will help Modern more than Legacy

Want to help Legacy? Abolish the Reserve List :/ 

I don't see a ton of great Modern reprints, either.   At least nothing that really pops out at me that everyone was clamoring for other than Horizon Canopy and Grove of the Burnwillows

No Tarmogoyf reprint?  It's still right around $100

rainman likes this

On 20/09/2017 at 5:02 PM, Lasraik said:

I don't see a ton of great Modern reprints, either.   At least nothing that really pops out at me that everyone was clamoring for other than Horizon Canopy and Grove of the Burnwillows

No Tarmogoyf reprint?  It's still right around $100

Goyf is selling for £50-60 here, which I think is closer to around $80, though that is partly due to the terrible state of our currency right now

Abaddon and Lasraik like this

On 3/31/2018 at 11:38 AM, Abaddon said:

It's back up to $100+.  I lived vicariously through @AlbyMTG when he pulled the foil Goyf

Unfortunately, it isn't even my foil goyf.  A friend let me open his boxes so he got all the cards afterwards.  It definitely made for a fun stream moment though!

Here is the clip for anyone interested: 

Lasraik likes this