Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Best time to pick up Iconic Master cards?

4 posts in this topic

Im thinking of picking up a playset of Aether Vial and plan on getting them about a month or two after release when people try to offload the cards they dont want but before the prices stabilize.

Is this a decent time period to start buying Iconic Master cards?  What do you usually plan on doing when youre wanting singles from a Master set?

Abaddon likes this

To be honest I'll be cracking a box if I can, but in terms of picking up cards it really does depend if they do that staggered release/second print run nonsense or not. I'm sure you'll find plenty of bargains 1 month or so after release for sure though. So so many great reprints and downshifts for pauper too!

Lasraik likes this

22 hours ago, Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 said:

To be honest I'll be cracking a box if I can, but in terms of picking up cards it really does depend if they do that staggered release/second print run nonsense or not. I'm sure you'll find plenty of bargains 1 month or so after release for sure though. So so many great reprints and downshifts for pauper too!

I've loved cracking boxes but I have crappy luck getting the pulls I want.  The set as a whole doesn't do it for me other than a few select reprints so I'm going against my nature and staying away from sealed products.  I'm thinking a month or so will be when I start getting serious

Mark_LifeBeginsAt20 likes this

2 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I've loved cracking boxes but I have crappy luck getting the pulls I want.  The set as a whole doesn't do it for me other than a few select reprints so I'm going against my nature and staying away from sealed products.  I'm thinking a month or so will be when I start getting serious

That's probably for the best, I've got so many I'd like to pick up for cube. Maybe I'll be sensible and try and pick up some as singles (bar Mana drain for obvious reasons)

rainman and Lasraik like this