Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Stuffy Doll Deck Brainstorming

43 posts in this topic

As most of you know, I play a lot of multiplayer games.  I've been wanting to make a Stuffy Doll deck for a while now, and these are the cards I've thought about using.  Ideas or suggestions are welcome!

218.jpg.9e6a6748655e7eb677c12f4647ca376033.jpg.7f186c0d657edd2f6161c36a1573929f.150.jpg.53f5bd867dcba475fdd179458c1ce523155.jpg.7373527dcc0371345d2a63db1ca4f246

So the idea is to cast Stuffy Doll, enchant with Pariah and grind them out with Manabarbs and land destruction in Land's Edge.  Thinking I'll need something else to protect Stuffy Doll and make him fly if possible, and some removal for big threats as the game goes on.

Abaddon and M4cr0Dutch like this

Well, I have a build that has some obvious synergies.

Stuffy Doll

Blasphemous Act

Spitemare

Boros Reckoner

Hornet Nest (If going green)

Lasraik likes this

23 hours ago, rainman said:

MTG goldfish did an against the odds thing about this too, you guys clearly think alike

Really?  I should start checking that website

23 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Well, I have a build that has some obvious synergies.

Stuffy Doll

Blasphemous Act

Spitemare

Boros Reckoner

Hornet Nest (If going green)

Lol, nice.  Maybe have a Goblin token outlet to stay red/white

13 hours ago, M4cr0Dutch said:

That's hilarious :lol: For extra creepy doll-ness, would you consider Black Vise and The Rack?

I have a few Black Vice laying around

M4cr0Dutch likes this

Going to try to put something together this weekend, will post a deck list hopefully

53 minutes ago, Abaddon said:

Could you attach more than one pariah to one stuffy?  

You can, but the second one is redundant in terms of what happens with the damage.

Lasraik likes this

2 hours ago, Molimo said:

Both triggers stack, you choose which one resolves first, then that player takes the damage, not both.

So really anymore than 1 they cant both trigger?

There's a fixed number of "damage being dealt" events. Each one can only end up in one place. Having multiple Pariahs in play can't increase the numbers involved, only change where the damage is dealt

Abaddon and Lasraik like this

Just so I understand - if you have two stuffies each with pariah targeting two different players only one would trigger and deal damage?  And the same if I have one stuffy with two pariahs?

Because it says "all damage dealt to you is dealt to enchanted creature instead" in each of the triggers, once it starts to resolve, there's no damage left to assign for the other trigger.  If it read "all damage dealt to you is also dealt to enchanted creature," you could get multiple triggers.

Abaddon likes this

OK thinking about adding in some Pit Fights and making Stuffy hexproof with some equipment or spells.  Some direct damage spells so I can hit him, too.

223.jpg.eb305640fe926ca46678cfc1ce75f7f0229.jpg.352144d367d4fd171b6d4684a9b37091

Have thought about going all in with the Doll theme and adding Voodoo Doll, but that might be more trouble than it's worth.

91.jpg.bb379ad72e2d01bcb6bc6808b5d0bfb4.

Edit:

Maybe a Spellskite in addition to Stuffy?  Can put another Pariah on him

230.jpg.ececcb95cafa205a2572eed640b91cfb

Oh that looks like a really fun combo.  Some cards that I would suggest for this would be -

Flame Rift deals 4 damage to each player for two mana.  With the stuffy doll combo this would make four damage to each player plus 4 more to another opponent.

Boros Reckoner has an ability similar to stuffy doll but would die if to much damage would be dealt to it.  But this could be an early game deterent to prevent agro coming your direction on the board.

Mog Maniac is another good early game deterent to keep early game threats checked

Outrider en - Kor, helps redirect the damage around to the creatures you want to reflect damage even if you don't have pariah out.

Repercussion for an infinite loop of damage.  Three card combos can be difficult to pull off though and would not be useful in your hand until the stuffy doll/ pariah combo was out.

Spitemare for the same reason as Boros Reckoner

Wall of Essence is a good early game deterent and could save you from some large non trample creatures.

wall of hope same as wall of essence except one less defense and only one casting cost

and last but not least Lightning Helix for some damage and lifegain. 

These are some of the cards I would use for that core strategy.  I am not sure what kind of support would be helpful with this setup though.  Blue, white, black, and green enchantment destruction could mess up this combo so maybe a mana tithe just to catch them off guard and gain a turn if they overextend their resources.  And even just leaving a plains untapped will make them think twice about tapping out.  Really cool idea good luck building.

Edit: putting in a search card can help pull the combo off more consistently such as enlightened Tutor, Idyllic Tutor, lost auramancers, and wild research could all be used depending on price range and mana curve preference.

Lasraik and Abaddon like this

Lots of good ideas @Dillon going to start looking for some of those cards tomorrow.  

Pariah's Shield is a thing. Also maybe look for some stuff that doubles all damage dealt to creatures and players... I'm pretty sure that there's an enchantment that does that...

Lasraik likes this

3 hours ago, ComboCrazy said:

Pariah's Shield is a thing. Also maybe look for some stuff that doubles all damage dealt to creatures and players... I'm pretty sure that there's an enchantment that does that...

first thing that came to mind: curse.png

ComboCrazy likes this

11 hours ago, ComboCrazy said:

Thought about Pariah's Shield, but with a 5 cost and 3 to equip it's more expensive than Pariah.  Think I have a couple Bloodletting cards and threw in my one copy of Dictate

93.jpg

Have a 60 card list together that I've tested by myself but going to play test more this weekend.  Will share my list if it goes well :) 

ComboCrazy likes this

On 5/27/2016 at 4:48 AM, Lasraik said:

Thought about Pariah's Shield, but with a 5 cost and 3 to equip it's more expensive than Pariah.  Think I have a couple Bloodletting cards and threw in my one copy of Dictate

93.jpg

Have a 60 card list together that I've tested by myself but going to play test more this weekend.  Will share my list if it goes well :) 

Hey if you're running that, then maybe run Roast. It's instant death for the targeted opponent, even without Pariah. Also just its name XD