Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

How do you organize/sort your cards?

36 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, MTGandME said:

Me too.  When the collection was only a couple thousand cards, sorting by guild and color was ok; now that it is far larger a new system was needed.

I have over 40,000 cards now and sort by set.  Up until recently each set was sorted basically in number order (but more practically in WUBRGMCLT order).  I'm currently behind by about 4000 cards and have been putting them away, especially for older sets, just by slotting in the cards in random order at the front.  If I need to pull an individual card, it's still relatively easy to find.

I use deckbox.org to track my collection. It makes it easy to see at a glance if I'm missing a card I'd like to try in a particular deck and helps keep track of the whole thing.

Cards are almost all stored in an old 5 drawer dresser I call the 'Codex Magica'. Overflow (mostly new sets) are stored in gift boxes in a cube shelf.  

All of your cards are tracked via DeckBox?  

3 hours ago, Lasraik said:

All of your cards are tracked via DeckBox?  

Yep.  It's not something I did all at once, but basically any time I buy new cards (or used cards) I update deckbox.  I have to admit that when I first started using it, it was a bit of a pain to put in 2-4000 cards all at once, but now it's second nature.

Of course, I don't use deckbox to track any of my trades; that's all done manually.  Tradeable rares and uncommons are bindered, the rest are boxed up as bulk.

Cheers :)

Lasraik and MTGZuby like this

1 hour ago, MTGandME said:

Yep.  It's not something I did all at once, but basically any time I buy new cards (or used cards) I update deckbox.  I have to admit that when I first started using it, it was a bit of a pain to put in 2-4000 cards all at once, but now it's second nature.

Of course, I don't use deckbox to track any of my trades; that's all done manually.  Tradeable rares and uncommons are bindered, the rest are boxed up as bulk.

Nice.  I thought about trying that but the first step of adding a few thousand cards always makes me talk myself into not doing it.  :blink:

1 hour ago, MTGandME said:

Do you even track the commons and uncommons??

On 1/31/2017 at 3:20 PM, Lasraik said:

Nice.  I thought about trying that but the first step of adding a few thousand cards always makes me talk myself into not doing it.  :blink:

I added 11k cards to deckbox, pretty much all at once, and boy am I glad I did. Yes it took a while, but I was able to throw out a bunch of junk commons and clean things nicely, and now when I brew a deck I can just paste it in and see which cards I'm missing. Sooo nice to just know. Once you master the hotkeys and the shortcuts to entering, it actually goes pretty fast.

1 minute ago, Mox Zirconia said:

I added 11k cards to deckbox, pretty much all at once, and boy am I glad I did. Yes it took a while, but I was able to throw out a bunch of junk commons and clean things nicely, and now when I brew a deck I can just paste it in and see which cards I'm missing. Sooo nice to just know. Once you master the hotkeys and the shortcuts to entering, it actually goes pretty fast.

What is your deckbox link? 

Tradelist: https://deckbox.org/sets/486859

Wishlist: https://deckbox.org/sets/486860

rainman likes this

1 minute ago, Mox Zirconia said:

You know, I haven't added anything to those lists, but I should at least add in what's in my binder.

Empty tradelist: https://deckbox.org/sets/1343353

Can you see my inventory? No idea if it's public or not. https://deckbox.org/sets/1343352

Yup, I can see your inventory, at least :P) 

Mox Zirconia likes this