Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jazz

Definite of Eternity

16 posts in this topic

For those who have Pillars of Eternity and for those who may get it, they are releasing the 'Definitive' Edition of it now.  Good news to all pre-existing owners of the game, you get the new version free, which includes the White March Expansion if you don't already have it!

https://eternity.obsidian.net/eternity/news/pillars-of-eternity-definitive-edition-arrives-november-15th-for-pc-mac-and-linux

On November 15, the

Definitive Edition will be made available via digital distributors everywhere for a suggested retail price of $39.99, and will include:

• The original Pillars of Eternity, a modern RPG with classic inspiration, and winner of multiple awards for its rich story, art, and world design
  • The complete, expanded world, characters, and content from The White March: Parts I & II, which adds new places to travel and quests to complete
  • All premium content originally sold with Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition, including the original soundtrack, a digital collector's book, an original novella set in the Pillars universe, and much, much more
  • The all-new Deadfire Pack DLC, which includes new in-game items to earn and discover, and new portraits from the forthcoming sequel, Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire, releasing in 2018

It also mentions that the normal edition will go down in price, so you can still get that if prefered.  I don't know if there is a cut off date from when you buy the normal version and still get the upgrade, as otherwise I would suggest buying the base version now if you can and get the free upgrade to get the expansions for, well, free.  Unless the Defnitive version is selling for the same price as the Hero edition is now, I dunno.

I'll keep an eye out for this. Will this deal be available at all the regular digital outlets, or something you have to obtain direct from them (and if the latter, how to prove ownership)?

I have just the plain vanilla version already sans expansions. I tried it, but just wasn't in the mood for yet another BG clone (at the time). Maybe the mood will strike again someday and I can traipse down the halls of nostalgia with this one.

39 minutes ago, Elovia said:

I'll keep an eye out for this. Will this deal be available at all the regular digital outlets, or something you have to obtain direct from them (and if the latter, how to prove ownership)?

I have just the plain vanilla version already sans expansions. I tried it, but just wasn't in the mood for yet another BG clone (at the time). Maybe the mood will strike again someday and I can traipse down the halls of nostalgia with this one.

It sounds like it will be an automatic update for all copies bought via digital outlets at least.  At least, that's how it happened when the Director's Cut version of Wasteland 2 was released, all those who had pre-existing copies automatically had the new version added to their libraries.

Isometric yawniness.

Grow some stones and play a proper game. Hello Kitty online for instance.

Edited by Pasanda
Jazz likes this

55 minutes ago, Pasanda said:

Isometric yawniness.

Grow some stones and play a proper game. Hello Kitty online for instance.

I was thinking Mount & Blade: My-Little-Pony edition. :D 

Jazz and Jag like this

1 hour ago, Elovia said:

I was thinking Mount & Blade: My-Little-Pony edition. :D 

Hahaha...wait...there might actually be..OH GOD MAKE IT STOP!

Jazz and Elovia like this

8 hours ago, Elovia said:

So Pillars of Destiny: Definitive Edition was just released over at GoG.  No, existing owners of PoE do not get a free upgrade to the equivalent of the Game Of The Year edition.  Existing owners get a free DLC (only) that is the Deadfire one which is also included in the Definitive Edition.

Yeah I completely failed my reading comprehension it seems.  My fault! :(