JesGolbez

[UST] Unstable Discussion?

35 posts in this topic

I wanted to, but with rivals being released so close to it i had to make a choice. So, i chose 2 boxes of rivals. I loved unglued when it came out. I think i was the onky person in my area to buy em. I loved the land cardd peesonally. I know some people think the sucked, but i loved em. Especially back then, because it put a spin on lands for the first time. I wish i had my collection from back then. I had at least 500+ unglued lands. Nobody wanted em so i took em.

Our LGS had an Unstable Draft on Saturday (we voted and it barely beat out Masters 2017. Few people wanted Masters 25), our third time drafting it.

Once again, I end up in Red/black with some contraptions. I can’t help it when I am passed a Summon the Pack and all of the Extremely Slow Zombies I could want :p. Seriously, nobody else ever seems to draft them… who wouldn’t want a 3/3 for 2 mana? I ended up 3-0 and tied for first (4 round event, but we stopped after 3 rounds). I also splashed for Ol' Buzzbark, and ended up rolling 12 dice from 12 inches off of the table... yup, dice flying everywhere!!! 

Aurian went 1-1-1 with a green-blue-red Augment deck. Honestly, that is the archetype I wouldn’t ever touch, given the potential 2-for-1 blowouts and the difficulty getting good augments. It’s probably good if you get it all, but if you don’t… 

Unstable is a fun set to draft, but I think 3 times is enough (though I’d do it once again). Some lucky bastard pulled a foil full-art plains :o

Lasraik likes this

4 hours ago, JesGolbez said:

Our LGS had an Unstable Draft on Saturday (we voted and it barely beat out Masters 2017. Few people wanted Masters 25), our third time drafting it.

Once again, I end up in Red/black with some contraptions. I can’t help it when I am passed a Summon the Pack and all of the Extremely Slow Zombies I could want :p. Seriously, nobody else ever seems to draft them… who wouldn’t want a 3/3 for 2 mana? I ended up 3-0 and tied for first (4 round event, but we stopped after 3 rounds). I also splashed for Ol' Buzzbark, and ended up rolling 12 dice from 12 inches off of the table... yup, dice flying everywhere!!! 

Aurian went 1-1-1 with a green-blue-red Augment deck. Honestly, that is the archetype I wouldn’t ever touch, given the potential 2-for-1 blowouts and the difficulty getting good augments. It’s probably good if you get it all, but if you don’t… 

Unstable is a fun set to draft, but I think 3 times is enough (though I’d do it once again). Some lucky bastard pulled a foil full-art plains :o

Not surprised Unstable beat out Masters 2017

20 hours ago, Lasraik said:

Not surprised Unstable beat out Masters 2017

Barely. I was surprised at how few people wanted A25. 

14 minutes ago, JesGolbez said:

Barely. I was surprised at how few people wanted A25. 

Was cost a factor or lack of interest?

Both. There was more interest for the 2017 Masters. 

I got a few early interesting Augments and green beats so I attempted an Augment deck but got either cut off by another Augment drafter (who got the Dr Julius Jumblemorph) or just kept getting two for one'd with removal. 

Lasraik and JesGolbez like this

I never thought I'd see a set that isn't legal in most formats be the preferred draft format over any Masters set.  I hope they step their Masters game up a bit, they should be the hands down favorite over something like Unstable.  Not a knock against Unstable, but a Masters set should be so awesome everyone wants to play it.

20 minutes ago, Lasraik said:

I never thought I'd see a set that isn't legal in most formats be the preferred draft format over any Masters set.  I hope they step their Masters game up a bit, they should be the hands down favorite over something like Unstable.  Not a knock against Unstable, but a Masters set should be so awesome everyone wants to play it.

Well, A25 seems to be a good set to draft... so, they did well in that regard.

The problem? They charge so much for paper product, so if they want to get cards on the market... WOMP WOMP

1 minute ago, JesGolbez said:

Well, A25 seems to be a good set to draft... so, they did well in that regard.

The problem? They charge so much for paper product, so if they want to get cards on the market... WOMP WOMP

When you charge $10 for 15 cards they better be damn good.