Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

PSA: Twitter policy change

15 posts in this topic

FYI for those who aren't already aware: Article - Twitter gives neo-Nazis, racists Dec. 18 deadline—and could then kick them out entirely

11-28-2017 12-27-24 PM.png

My days on Twitter are numbered because of this policy change.  Call me crazy but I'm not a fan of Twitter monitoring my behavior on and off the platform.  Maybe we can find another social media platform for #FridayMTG.  I'll PM the owner of the MTG community on Google+ to see if we can post there

15 hours ago, Lasraik said:

FYI for those who aren't already aware: Article - Twitter gives neo-Nazis, racists Dec. 18 deadline—and could then kick them out entirely

11-28-2017 12-27-24 PM.png

My days on Twitter are numbered because of this policy change.  Call me crazy but I'm not a fan of Twitter monitoring my behavior on and off the platform.  Maybe we can find another social media platform for #FridayMTG.  I'll PM the owner of the MTG community on Google+ to see if we can post there

"On and off the platform"? Apart from sites a user has linked their Twitter account to in some way, how exactly would they be able to do this?

On 11/28/2017 at 3:23 PM, Rhino said:

We can always use the Amino App. I still don't really understand it, but the MTG community there seems good. 

I don't mind the community there but it being a mobile app only makes it difficult to post so many links.  

On 11/29/2017 at 3:47 AM, rainman said:

"On and off the platform"? Apart from sites a user has linked their Twitter account to in some way, how exactly would they be able to do this?

Similar to what Facebook does I'm guessing.  Article: Facebook Can Track Your Internet Activity After You Log Out, Says Judge

Is there a replacement for twitter for #FridayMTG? I've never seen the Google+ Community for MTG.

On 11/28/2017 at 5:23 PM, Rhino said:

We can always use the Amino App. I still don't really understand it, but the MTG community there seems good. 

I still don't understand what Amino is. I've tried to look into it, but I just don't really get it...

38 minutes ago, King of Jank said:

Is there a replacement for twitter for #FridayMTG? I've never seen the Google+ Community for MTG.

I still don't understand what Amino is. I've tried to look into it, but I just don't really get it...

It's a mobile app. It's like a cross between twitter and a blog???? I post my stuff on there and people chat about topics and other posts.5a28b3c9493f4_2017-12-0622_20_35.thumb.png.a7e7a6ac27a37c5626c253ef48433ccc.png

King of Jank likes this

1 hour ago, King of Jank said:

Like Rhino said it's kind of like a blog but it's only mobile.  Decent community there but making posts like FridayMTG is a pain

King of Jank likes this

I can understand changes to social medias by the people that run them to weed out material that is toxic and can cause harm to people; however, with twitter's biased history of who they chose to ban and not ban this is an absurd change. The same goes for almost every other social media. The whole idea that everyone needs to feel safe all the time is ridiculous to me, because it goes hand in hand with "being offended" which is an absurdly childish concept to me. Honestly, if it wasn't for the current movements that are going on right now in the sociopolitical world right now, I would not even think of much about the change; unfortunately, in today's day and age this change means something completely different.

Hell maybe I am looking too much into it, but I am getting tired of everyone and their dog getting "offended" by everything under the sun.

Lasraik likes this

14 hours ago, ComputerizedMTG said:

I can understand changes to social medias by the people that run them to weed out material that is toxic and can cause harm to people; however, with twitter's biased history of who they chose to ban and not ban this is an absurd change. The same goes for almost every other social media. The whole idea that everyone needs to feel safe all the time is ridiculous to me, because it goes hand in hand with "being offended" which is an absurdly childish concept to me. Honestly, if it wasn't for the current movements that are going on right now in the sociopolitical world right now, I would not even think of much about the change; unfortunately, in today's day and age this change means something completely different.

Hell maybe I am looking too much into it, but I am getting tired of everyone and their dog getting "offended" by everything under the sun.

Your post is offensive... where's my safe space?