Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Fun with Ichor Rats

5 posts in this topic

One of the people in my playgroup was playing a deck with Ichor Rats the other day.  I guess I never have paid too much attention to this card because it wasn't in the conversation of being in the really strong Modern/Legacy infect builds and it's not a common to get into Pauper decks.

But looking at the card, I started wondering why I haven't tried to have goofy fun with it before.

67.jpg

Each player with get a poison counter, they don't have to have one prior and it being an ETB effect makes it easier to abuse.

Obviously the first thing that comes to mind is Panharmonicon and some kind of flicker effect.  Has anyone tried something with this before or any ideas?  Again, this is for fun casual multiplayer games. 

ChuckWagonMTG likes this

12 minutes ago, Aurian said:

It gives EVERYONE a poison counter so you need a way to give your opponents extra.

i have a goofy u/b infect control deck. Early game quick drops to get some poison in, then it hunkers down and proliferates to kill. Ichor rats are a good way to get poison on without relying on combat damage.

Maybe Solemnity to avoid getting poison counters yourself?  Is your goofy infect control deck EDH or 60 card casual?

Depends on how much you plan to blink just the rats...

its 60 card casual. I can’t afford Atraxa :P

Starts off with plague stingers, plague myrs, the infect knight and Ichor rats.

blue is there for Indomitable Tide and Corrupted Conscience, and control spells like bounce. 

The finisher is a hasted Skytherix (sp?), or swiping my opponent’s best creature, giving it infect and smacking them with it, or hiding behind infect guys, bounce spells and proliferating with the Tide and other proliferate spells.

Lasraik likes this