Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

What are you currently listening to?

41 posts in this topic

Yes. I've been rediscovering music in my stack of vinyl records and sharing here. I recently blew the dust off my old phonograph and got it back in working order (sort of - the spring on the cover gave up so I have to hold it open when I change or flip a record). I have it piped through my old amplifier/receiver and both to standalone speakers and my desktop PC (for a little analog-digital conversion and archival purpose). They still sound great to me ... but then again I suffer from hearing loss due to too many years working without hearing protection (it wasn't a thing back then).

Lasraik likes this

16 hours ago, Elovia said:

Yes. I've been rediscovering music in my stack of vinyl records and sharing here. I recently blew the dust off my old phonograph and got it back in working order (sort of - the spring on the cover gave up so I have to hold it open when I change or flip a record). I have it piped through my old amplifier/receiver and both to standalone speakers and my desktop PC (for a little analog-digital conversion and archival purpose). They still sound great to me ... but then again I suffer from hearing loss due to too many years working without hearing protection (it wasn't a thing back then).

Vacuum tubes? 

On 12/7/2016 at 5:07 AM, Dunnar said:

Didn't someone post about Vinyl records last year?

Vinyl sales made more than downloads last week

didn't want to make a new post ... just threw it here.

I've got nine vinyl LPs on the way right now. I'm definitely part of the vinyl renaissance! What's in the mail, you ask? Well...

Tenhi's Maaäet

PRO081LP__57527.1485882247.300.310.jpg?c

The Flaming Lips' The Soft Bulletin

the-flaming-lips-the-soft-bulletin-1999.

David Bowie's David Bowie (2nd LP, later renamed Space Oddity)

51ttn5ks0CL._SY300_.jpg

Godspeed You! Black Emperor's F#A#∞

51sJm0c7DCL._SY300_.jpg

Sufjan Stevens' Seven Swans

41HGEN30GRL.jpg

Sturgill Simpson's High Top Mountain

61hPeyhNOYL._SY300_.jpg

The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

TheFlamingLips-YoshimiBattlesThePinkRobo

David Bowie's The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars

ZiggyStardust.jpg

Tenhi's Folk Aesthetic 1996-2006

cover_548142142010.jpg

I have a wishlist longer than my...arm, so it's going to be a fun process getting all the vinyl I want.

Kedvesem and Lasraik like this

Posted (edited)

I'm just in one of those moods ... and this music suits it perfectly.  100% synthesized and old ... but yet remains just as expressive as ever at the same time.  This here is some fine "lay on the couch, close your eyes, and just soak it in" music.

Edited by Elovia
Lasraik likes this