Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
King of Jank

pauper
Christmas Myracle

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

Here is a recent deck tech I did for pauper. It is a mashup of R/G aggro and Affinity.

Decklist: https://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/christmas-myracle/

But I would like your honest opinions on the deck, because I'm new to pauper. I love the concept of only common cards but I feel like I still don't understand the format. It seems very linear to me. Go fast and wide. I know there are some control, and life gain, but it seems that the format is based heavily on speed and early removal can be make or break.

What do you guys suggest for the meta, or do you have any tips or tricks for Pauper? I would love to make more deck techs for the format but I feel they are just going to be cookie cutter aggro decks, or just pauper versions of modern decks, and that these would get boring after a while.

Thanks!

Lasraik likes this

I've been wanting to try an artifact/Affinity Pauper deck for a while, and this looks like a lot of fun to play.  There's lots of blue control type decks in Pauper, and going all in on aggro (Goblins for instance) can really leave you with your pants down if you're not careful.  

Pauper really is a brewers paradise, for your first Pauper deck it looks pretty good imho.   Including Pyroblast is a good start ;) 

BTW how many subs do you currently have?  Let's get you to 100 before New Years

King of Jank likes this

I'll try to keep searching around in pauper for some cool interactions. I really enjoy the idea of the format, so I'll see what I can brew up!

Last time I checked it was 81 I believe? I've turned public sub count off so you can't see unless you're logged in and subbed to me. It gets rid of that initial stigma of subbing to a small channel, and now forces me to log in to see my own count too :P 

As far as this deck goes, maybe consider Apostle's Blessing or Lotus Petals.  Petal would add to your artifact count and give you a little mana fixing and Apostle's Blessing gives you some protection.

8.jpg284.jpg

King of Jank likes this

I completely forgot about the Blessing. Such a good card! Didn't even know Lotus Petal was a common...I need to do better research.

Thanks Las!

On 12/28/2017 at 9:05 AM, King of Jank said:

I completely forgot about the Blessing. Such a good card! Didn't even know Lotus Petal was a common...I need to do better research.

Thanks Las!

Even after playing Pauper for almost a year I still forget how many cards are commons

King of Jank likes this