Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

Pauper cards in RIX?

9 posts in this topic

Well, nothing is really inspiring me, and there are a LOT of reprints, but I guess some candidates if you are brewing

pir2.jpg.9ca78053d7c76c570aba3db9e5f6cc19.jpgpir1.jpg.109591bb97aaea1d59f5cfe07a2afa7c.jpg

(Sorry for image size)

For pirate decks, these 2 are good candidates

rix-79-moment-of-craving.jpg.379d15e15ae209ee382e3b251bf4a4c0.jpg

A disfigure variant and gains life. Maybe

rix-91-voracious-vampire.jpg.7694f90af3dfffb5cb30300be21ee84f.jpg

This might be a good candidate if there is a pauper vampire deck. 2/2 menace is solid, and it can make another vampire get in there

vam1.jpg.1660a9e8279b9bd96a0d871c42d8a1d2.jpg

A smaller Phyrexian Rager, which is a card that sees play

Temporal Magic likes this

I really like the snub horn as an early defender that could become a solid one drop late game, and gruesome fate for some direct damage

Maybe orazca relic could see some play for grindy matches? I'm still new to Pauper, so I might be overestimating the Ascend mechanic for the format. I'm bummed that they only printed one (that I could see) enrage creature at common...

snubhornsentry.jpg

gruesomefate.jpg

orazcarelic.jpg

Lasraik likes this

I like Voracious Vampire, it might be time to try a Vampire tribal Pauper deck.  Moment of Craving is nice, too.  Gruesome Fate could be fun in token decks.

Dusk Legion Zealot could become a format staple.

King of Jank likes this

On 1/23/2018 at 0:52 PM, Lasraik said:

I like Voracious Vampire, it might be time to try a Vampire tribal Pauper deck.  Moment of Craving is nice, too.  Gruesome Fate could be fun in token decks.

Dusk Legion Zealot could become a format staple.

Yeah, it might be worth a shot to see how the tribes perform in pauper. I have no hope for dinos, but the other 3 could potentially produce some wins

On 1/24/2018 at 4:37 PM, King of Jank said:

Yeah, it might be worth a shot to see how the tribes perform in pauper. I have no hope for dinos, but the other 3 could potentially produce some wins

I was really hoping Pirates would get some good commons too.  But looks like we'll have to wait for Dinos and Pirates

8 hours ago, Lasraik said:

I was really hoping Pirates would get some good commons too.  But looks like we'll have to wait for Dinos and Pirates

I might try brewing pirates. I currently have a list of pauper decks I'm working on to make deck techs of...although I'm still not sure I fully get pauper, haha

Temporal Magic likes this