Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lasraik

DESTINY 2 - DEVELOPMENT UPDATE 1-11-18

4 posts in this topic

The Destiny 2 Development Update can be found here

As mainly a PvP player, I was looking forward to some sweeping changes to the Crucible but there is little to get excited about.  I've found myself wanting to play Destiny 1 again because PvP is just so much better in that game.  

What stood out to me:

1-12-2018 7-32-12 AM.png

They will never make major changes to Eververse.  As much as players claim to hate it, Bungie and Activision make too much money to ever get rid of it.  

1-12-2018 7-32-40 AM.png

6v6 is good.  Mayhem a limited time event?  Wow, thanks Bungie!  Why not give us the option to choose the game type ourselves?  

1-12-2018 7-33-04 AM.png

Fall of 2018 before we get these changes?  Sorry, but population is in a nosedive and there won't be many people left by Fall.  

Overall I'm disappointed in this update and don't see myself spending much time playing Destiny 2 or buying expansions in the future.

Dunnar likes this

They have a really odd dynamic.  PvP is groups of 4.  Open world PvE is groups of 3.  Nightfall+Strikes are groups of 3.  Raids you have to have 6.

Many times we'll have 5 and are stuck with nothing to do together.  I don't understand the restrictions.  Especially when most games are opening things up to more players, not less.

Lasraik likes this

On 1/12/2018 at 8:41 AM, Dunnar said:

They have a really odd dynamic.  PvP is groups of 4.  Open world PvE is groups of 3.  Nightfall+Strikes are groups of 3.  Raids you have to have 6.

Many times we'll have 5 and are stuck with nothing to do together.  I don't understand the restrictions.  Especially when most games are opening things up to more players, not less.

I think they went from 6v6 pvp to 4v4 in an attempt to attract more of the competitive streamers.  I play solo 99% of the time and if I'm not playing in the Crucible I get bored.

On 1/12/2018 at 1:44 PM, MTGZuby said:

I can't even get hyped for this game anymore. I got to level 20 and grinded my way to whatever light level and got bored. Felt like there was more to do in destiny 1 honestly.

What's frustrating is you'd think they would have just continued what they did in D1, not take steps back.  So now they're telling us "Big changes coming!  In a year we'll be closer to where Destiny 1 was after 3 years of development!"

It should have been where Destiny 1 was after 3 years of development at launch, not a year or two and two paid expansions after.  

Dunnar and MTGZuby like this